Ever since last summer came to a close, I’ve been counting down the days until grilling season again! The time has finally come & grilling season is officially HERE. I don’t know about you, but I am HERE. FOR. IT.
Here at the PWWB house, the grill is the center of our summer. (…ahem, & our spring, & our fall…) You see, here in Minnesota, where we realistically expect snow on the ground 8 out of the 12 months of the year, we spend as much time as we can outside once the weather is nice enough to do so. We fire up the grill almost every night for dinner, & I couldn’t love it more.
Even though 2020 has dealt all of us an especially odd hand so far this year, grilling up dinner is one of the outdoor activities we can still safely enjoy. That’s not to say I’m not absolutely dreaming of the days when we’ll be able to host our favorite people for a big backyard party again! But, in the meantime, I’m all for taking this time at home master an even better arsenal of go-to grilling recipes.
Grilling season is just the best. I love it so much. BUT. It wasn’t always that way.
Finding My Place Behind My Grill.
For the longest time, I really didn’t believe that I had a place behind the grill as a woman.
Grilling felt so overwhelming. Like…how do you even light the grill, let alone cook on it?! &, if I’m being completely honest, I was borderline scared of it. I mean…it’s literally playing with fire!
In fact, I actually used to wait around for Chris to get home from work (or happy hour, or class, or golf league…) so he could light the grill & cook us dinner during the summer months. You might think the idea of him doing all the cooking all summer long seems pretty awesome…I did too. That is, until 8:30 pm rolled around & I got a text message that he was just leaving the golf course.
It wasn’t until I jumped in & just started doing it that I realized how fun grilling can be. & now?…Grilling is hands-down one of my favorite parts of the summer season.
It’s Time to Flip the Script.
Last year, when I was planning out our summer recipes for PWWB, I asked you over on Instagram what kinds of things you like to make on your grill.
You made it immediately clear that you share my love & excitement for grilling season, but, just like me up until a few summers ago, you don’t feel entirely confident to hop behind the grill yourselves.
Listening to you all made it abundantly clear there needs to be more information out there about learning how to confidently get behind the grill.
Just like that, the PWWB Let’s Grill, Girls! series came to be.
This year we are back for our second season, & we’re so excited! With more tips, more marinades, more recipes, & a really exciting giveaway. I can’t wait to share with you all.
Everything You Need to Know about Let’s Grill, Girls! (+ Quick Links within this Post):
- What is Let’s Grill, Girls!?
- Everything you need to know to get started. My best tips & Grilling 101 how-tos for getting started!
- Go-to Marinade Recipes – the ultimate way to add major flavor with minimal effort to your grill recipes this summer. All the favorites from last year + a few new & PWWB community requested additions (coming soon!)
- All of our PWWB Grilling Recipes
- How to join in on the Grilling fun! (+ a MAJOR giveaway you won’t want to miss!)
So what is Let’s Grill, Girls!?
Let’s Grill, Girls! stemmed directly from YOUR grilling questions. Getting behind the grill can be intimidating at first but once you get the hang of the basics you will soon feel like a pro! (Like I said, it wasn’t that long ago I was in the same. exact. spot. Seriously!)
Who is this series for? The short answer…anyone who wants to get more comfortable behind their grill & improve their grilling skills. It is time to build confidence with grilling basics. You are in the right place if…
You need help with the fundamentals. Things like…
- “I need help with lighting the grill without burning my eyebrows off!”
- “Show us your entire grilling process, because I am intimidated!”
- “Can you show us how to grill meat? How do you not turn a steak into a car tire?!”
- “How do you grill veggies without burning them to a crisp?!”
- “I don’t get the temperatures…like, it’s fire. It’s hot right?! haha…clearly my bf grills for me…”
While these aspects of grilling seem so simple, as a woman it can sometimes feel completely freakin’ overwhelming. Why’s that? Grilling is an activity that’s marketed to men, & that is something we’re shown over & over again.
I mean…can you even count the number of commercials or glossy magazine ads you’ve seen showing a woman handing a platter of food off to the man in her life so he can grill it like a pro, with a pair of tongs in one hand & a cold beer in the other?
As women, we don’t necessarily envision ourselves behind the grill, which creates a lack of confidence to even give grilling a try.
& that’s exactly why I’ve created Let’s Grill, Girls!, an entire grilling series centered around empowering you to find your place behind your grill this summer.
It’s time to kiss “Hey babe…you feel like grilling dinner tonight?” goodbye for good.
PWWB’s Let’s Grill, Girls! The Modern Gal’s Guide to Taking Over the Grill this Summer!
The PWWB Let’s Grill, Girls! series is all about giving you the freedom & confidence to grill what you want, whenever you want it this summer. You don’t have to wait around for your husband/boyfriend/dad/significant other/partner/whoever to grill for you because you can do it yourself.
Let’s Grill, Girls! is ALL about prepping you for the upcoming grilling season. You’re not only going to learn how to grill this summer, but you’re going to seriously own your place behind the grill.
We’ll start by walking through some grilling basics, what we call Grilling 101. Things like…
- How to choose the perfect grill for you – A guide to choosing between gas & charcoal, complete with a breakdown of all of our favorite grills (+ budget-friendly options!).
- Must-have grilling equipment – The grilling tools you have to have on hand (& which ones you totally don’t need!).
- How to clean your grill – Keep your grill burning evenly & efficiently all summer long!
- How to light your grill – Step-by-step guides & videos to walk you through how to light gas & charcoal grills (…without burning your eyebrows off!).
- & Mastering 2–Zone Grilling – the grilling technique everyone needs in their arsenal!
& of course, there will be an arsenal of foolproof recipes. Things like…
- Go-To Grilling Marinades that you’ll have on rotation all summer long.
- Summer Staples, like Grilled BBQ Chicken, Stuffed Burgers, the BEST-Ever Turkey Burgers, Grilled Kebabs, & so much more!
- How to Grill Every Veggie Imagineable, plus (actually) filling vegetarian & vegan meals
- Our favorite easy grilled dinners for weeknight cooking.
- & SO much more…
I’m seriously so excited, & can’t wait for you to join me.
How do I join? (+ an EPIC Giveaway!!!)
- Sign up below by using the form below. You’ll get access to our Let’s Grill, Girls! email updates, including sneak peeks to new recipes. You will be the first to hear about all things grilling this summer!
- Brush up on Grilling Basics – check out our Grilling 101 post here.
- Get to Grilling! Make a PWWB Grilling Recipe (a great place to start is with any of our go-to grill marinades).
- Follow along on Instagram, where I’ll post demos of technique tutorials & show you what I’ve got cooking up on the grill!
- AND LASTLY…Share your creations! Any time you grill up a PWWB recipe, snap a pic of your grilled masterpieces & post it to your Instagram Stories or your main Instagram feed, tagging @playswellwithbutter, for a chance win your very own Weber Genesis II Gas Grill! This is the grill that I’ve used for the past 5 years, & I’m SO excited to share it with you this year. Enter as many times as you’d like between now & June 20th, 2020, trying a new recipe with each entry.
Here’s what the PWWB community has to say about Let’s Grill, Girls!
PWWB Grilling Recipes to last all Summer long!
Last but definitely not least, what would Let’s Grill, Girls! be without sharing some of our favorite recipes to test your new skills on the grill this summer?!
These are just a handful of our favorites. Keep an eye out all summer for new grilled goodness!). If you want to see all the PWWB grilling recipes, check them out here.
Obsessed with all things grilled? Us too! Here are PWWB’s Top Grilling Recipes that you HAVE to try next!
- PWWB Go-To Grilling Marinades – 13 go-to recipes you’ll turn to time & time again, all summer long!
- Easy Grilled Veggies – How to grill pretty much any vegetable. Vegan-friendly!
- The Very BEST Grilled BBQ Chicken – A summertime classic perfected, thanks to a few simple steps that yield the juiciest, most flavorful BBQ chicken ever.
- Absolutely PERFECT Grilled Buffalo Wings – Crispy buffalo perfection. Made with just 3 simple ingredients, grilled chicken wings could not be easier!
- Grilled Black Bean Burgers – Burgers aren’t just for meat-lovers! These grilled veggie burgers are hearty, textural & grill up like a dream!
- Best-Ever Grilled Turkey Burgers – Kiss everything you think you know about turkey burgers goodbye. The juiciest, most flavorful grilled turkey burgers you’ll ever eat!
- PWWB House Burgers – The easy French Onion Burgers that we’re obsessed with at the PWWB House!
- Grilled Wisconsin Beer Brats –The easiest Wisconsin-style beer brats, yielding perfectly juicy & crisp brats every time!
- Grilled Sausage – How to grill sausage perfectly, every single time! This simple method can translate into dozens of delicious & easy summer dinners – no flare ups here!
- Grilled Tuscan Steak – Perfectly juicy grilled steak, seasoned with Tuscan-style aromatics. The ultimate grilled steak dinner!
- All PWWB Grilling Recipes
Thank you so much for reading & supporting Plays Well With Butter. This post includes affiliate links for products I truly love & use on the reg in my own home. All opinions are always my own! Should you make a purchase using one of these links, PWWB will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you, which helps me continue to bring you great original & free content.