Ooooh, yes. You read that correctly – Gooey S’mores Crumble Bars!!! If you love s’mores dessert recipes as much as I do, you’re gonna want to add these Gooey S’mores Crumble Bars to your repertoire! These bars are nostalgic but new all at once, super easy to make, super sharable, & easy to transport to a cabin or lake house for a weekend of summer fun! S’mores desserts for the win!
There is a LOT of s’mores goodness happening today, & it looks a little something like this…
- melty bittersweet puddles of dark chocolate bliss, with…
- a thicc layer of ooey-gooey marshmallow, & all of it’s sandwiched between…
- a buttery, golden-brown crumb crust & topping, laced with graham cracker goodness.
In other words, Gooey S’mores Crumble bars are here!!!
Because how can you go wrong with layers of s’mores flavors in a bar form? Answer: you CAN’T!
S’mores cookie bars for all and s’mores desserts for life! ♡ Read on to learn more about this Gooey S’mores Crumble Bars recipe, or jump straight to the recipe & get baking!
What are S’mores Crumble Bars?
The inspiration for this s’more bars recipe is chocolate crumb bars, a totally Midwestern summertime specialty. Chocolate crumb bars have a sweet & crumbly crust that encases a fudgy chocolate filling. Maaajorly delish!
So, today we’re giving those classic crumble bars a bit of a s’mores twist & it’s a really good thing!
I don’t know why, but this time of year always makes me think of super nostalgic Midwest treats – probably because it’s cabin season & is there anything more Midwestern than heading “Up North” with a pan of bars? (If you aren’t from the Midwest, a pan of bars is essentially a pre-req for any & all weekend gatherings!)
I’m always in the mood for super sharable treats this time of year, & I always love breathing a little life into the classics we know & love from childhood (much like these tahini scotcheroos from a few years back!). That’s exactly where this gourmet s’mores recipe comes into the equation!
Layers in these S’mores Crumble Bars:
There are some major layers happening in these easy s’mores bars.
- A classic crumble crust makes up the bottom layer. We’re adding extra s’mores flavor to our s’mores crumb with a pretty generous addition of crushed graham cracker.
- An ooey gooey marshmallow & chocolate filling, just like the inside of a s’more! While milk chocolate tends to be classic for s’mores, I love using dark chocolate.
- & an extra crumbly crumb topping, for good measure. The buttery crumb topping comes from the same mixture as the crust. I love my crumb bars to have lots of topping, so that’s what’s happening here.
How to make these Gooey S’mores Crumble Bars:
The best part about these s’mores dessert bars is that they are super easy to make. They take about 15 minutes to prep, & bake up in just 30 minutes. Plus, no campfire required!
Start with the graham cracker crumb crust: Simply whisk together the graham crackers, oats, flour, brown sugar, & salt with melted butter. The mixture will come together in a crumbly consistency that holds together when pressed together. Press about 2/3 of the mixture into an 8×8 pan & par-bake the crust for a few minutes, just until it’s nice & golden brown.
Next, assemble the gooey marshmallow & chocolate filling, which is a mixture of mini marshmallows and chocolate chips. Layer them on top of the par-baked crust. Quick tip: Mini marshmallows melt much quicker than the larger marshmallows that you’d typically use in a s’more dessert, creating more ooey gooey goodness in these bars.
Top the bars with the reserved crumb topping – they’ll be extra crumbly – & bake until the topping is perfectly golden brown & the chocolate & marshmallow filling is melted.
Simply wait until they’re cool enough to handle easily, slice up your gooey s’mores crumble bars & enjoy!
Ooey gooey s’mores dessert goodness. Life doesn’t get much better than this!
I can’t wait for you to try this Ooey Gooey S’mores Crumble Bars recipe! If you’re a nut for s’mores desserts like I am, you are in for such a treat…I know you’ll love them!
If you do give them a try, be sure to let me know!: Leave a comment with a star rating below. You can also snap a photo & tag @playswellwithbutter on Instagram. I LOVE hearing about & seeing your PWWB creations! Happy cooking! ♡Print
These S’mores Crumble Bars are a modern update on the classic s’mores dessert! A thick layer of ooey gooey marshmallow & dark chocolate filling is sandwiched between a graham cracker-laced crumble crust & topping. These easy bars are perfect for summer weekends!
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 9 honey graham crackers, crushed (about 1 cup crumbs)
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 heaping cup mini marshmallows
- 1 heaping cup dark chocolate chips
- flaky sea salt, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper, creating a sling to easily pop the bars out of the pan once they’re baked. Set aside.
- Prep the graham cracker crumble: Add the graham cracker crumbs, rolled oats, all-purpose flour, brown sugar, and Kosher salt to a medium bowl. Whisk to combine. Pour the melted butter over top. Mix until evenly combined. The mixture should have a nice crumbly texture & should easily hold when pressed together. Transfer 2/3 of the mixture into the prepared baking dish, pressing it into an even & compact crust (I like to use the bottom of a measuring cup to make sure everything is packed in well). Reserve the remaining crumble mixture for topping – set aside.
- Par-bake the crust for 15 minutes, until slightly golden. The crust will not be cooked through at this point and that is totally fine.
- Assemble the s’mores crumble bars: Sprinkle the marshmallows and chocolate into an even layer, covering the par-baked crust. Sprinkle the reserved graham cracker crumble mixture over top.
- Bake the s’mores crumble bars for another 15 minutes until the chocolate is melted, the marshmallows are toatsty, and the graham cracker crumble mixture is golden brown. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Serve! Once cool enough to handle, cut into 9-12 bars. Sprinkle extra flaky sea salt over top, as desired. Enjoy!
- Storage: Leftover s’mores crumble bars will keep, stored in an airtight container at room temperature, for up to 3 days.
Keywords: s’mores crumble bars, s’mores desserts, easy dessert recipe, summer, baked, American
Recipe by Jess Larson, Plays Well With Butter | Photography by Eat Love Eat
Obsessed with Gooey S’mores Crumble Bars? Here are a few more Easy Dessert Recipes you’ll love!
- OMG S’mores Bars – The ULTIMATE S’mores Bars, with fluffy homemade vanilla bean marshmallow & rich, fudgy chocolate ganache.
- Tahini Scotcheroos – Classic Scotcheroos with a little modern twist, thanks to the mild nuttiness of tahini!
- Chocolate-Covered Vegan Cookie Dough Bites – The perfect bite-sized healthy-ish sweet treat for whenever your sweet tooth goes wild! Made with 5 pantry ingredients & completely dairy-free & vegan!
- Mini Flourless Chocolate Cake – Intensely fudgy & rich individually portioned chocolate cakes with a molten chocolate center.
- All PWWB Dessert Recipes
Thank you so much for reading & supporting Plays Well With Butter. This post includes affiliate links for products I truly love & use on the reg in my own home. All opinions are always my own! Should you make a purchase using one of these links, PWWB will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you, which helps me continue to bring you great original & free content.