This Easy Greek Dressing is about to become your newest obsession! Punchy, garlicky, tasty Greek goodness, this Greek vinaigrette can be paired with any of your Greek-style faves: Greek salad, Greek chicken, Greek potatoes, & more! Made with just 6 simple pantry ingredients, each packing a punch of flavor, this Greek dressing is easy to make, more cost-effective than store-bought, & perfect for meal prep! Need I say more?!
This post is sponsored by DeLallo Foods, who I’m so excited to partner & share with you all throughout 2019. Their Extra Virgin Olive Oil is truly always within arm’s reach in my kitchen. All thoughts & opinions are my own. ?
The first salad I ever truly fell in love with was a Greek salad.
& by “salad”, I mean it was basically a chicken gyro, chopped up & served on some iceberg lettuce. No wonder I fell in love, right?! ?
What really did me in, though, was the Greek dressing that the salad was tossed in. This Easy Greek Dressing is a nod to what I remember about that dressing – & boy, it lives up to its reputation!
Made with just 6 ingredients (you probably have them all in your pantry right now!), this Greek Dressing is so freakin’ easy to make. But don’t let the simplicity of the ingredients list fool you – it’s an easy vinaigrette, but it’s absolutely packed with punchy, bold flavor.
& best of all, its uses are endless. With tons of red wine vinegar, garlic, & oregano, this Greek vinaigrette can add extra quintessentially Greek flavor to any Greek-inspired dish.
My go-to pairing? A simple Greek salad (tomatoes, cucumbers, olives & feta), beefed up a bit with creamy avocado & crispy chickpeas. ? Hello, flavor bomb!
easy Greek dressing ingredients:
One of my favorite things about this Greek vinaigrette recipe is that it’s made with simple pantry staple ingredients you probably already have on hand, like:
- olive oil
- red wine vinegar
- honey (or maple syrup if vegan)
- dried oregano
- kosher salt
That’s seriously it! 6 simple ingredients that transform into the most incredibly flavorful Greek dressing.
A couple of quick call outs:
- Make it creamy: The ingredients here yield a dressing that’s pretty close to a Greek vinaigrette. If you want a really creamy Greek dressing, you can plain Greek yogurt to the mix. Nothing crazy – you don’t want to weigh down the lightness of this dressing. A few tablespoons will do the trick!
- Olive oil matters!: When it comes to olive oil, I’m of course partial to DeLallo’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil! I’ve had the opportunity to work with this olive oil in my kitchen on a daily basis for the past year. It’s truly the best! DeLallo’s is a 100% authentic Italian olive oil, made with a blend of 4 different olives grown in Southern Italy. The oil is extracted with a cold-press process, meaning no chemicals or heat is used in the extraction process that would harm the integrity of the olives. The olive oil retains its flavor, as well as its nutritional benefits. ?? Grab yourself a bottle & get ready to fall in love!!
How to make Greek dressing:
Note: full directions are listed in the Recipe Card, below.
Making a batch of Greek dressing couldn’t be simpler. Add all of the ingredients to a jar. Seal it up & give it a good shake. Voila! Your Greek dressing is ready! I like using mason jars because the measure lines are right along the side of the jar – no need to dirty extra measuring cups or spoons = win!
If you want your dressing to be super smooth & creamy, as shown here, simply add all the ingredients to a food processor or blender & blend to combine. The powerful blades of the blender or food processor will emulsify the olive oil & the vinegar. This will result in that super creamy, dreamy texture found in store-bought salad dressings, & the dressing shouldn’t separate much as it sits.
Greek dressing will keep, stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
How to use Greek vinaigrette:
Use this easy Greek dressing to add an extra punch of Greek-inspired flavor to any of your favorite Greek dishes. The combination of red wine vinegar, garlic & plenty of oregano adds that quintessentially Greek-tasting punch of flavor to whatever you’re serving up.
Some of my favorite ways to use this Greek dressing include:
- Greek salad, of course! Tomatoes, cucumbers, red bell peppers, olives & feta, plus a heavy shower of Greek dressing. If you want to get a little fancy or make your Greek salad slightly more substantial, toss some chickpeas or avocado into the mix. You can’t go wrong with extra avocado. ?
- with Greek chicken! My Greek marinade is one of pwwb’s most popular recipes. You could swap out the marinade for Greek vinaigrette for a lighter, fresher tasting option.
- to take your grilled veggies to the next level.
- drizzled over roasted veggies (Greek roasted potatoes, anyone?!)
Other vinaigrette & salad dressing recipes you’ll love!:
In the mood for salad now? ME TOO. Here are a few other vinaigrette & salad recipes you’ll be just as obsessed with:
- pwwb All-Purpose Vinaigrette
- Herby Green Goddess Vinaigrette
- Lemon Thyme Vinaigrette
- Maple Balsamic Vinaigrette (a pwwb fave!)
- Curry Vinaigrette
I hope you give this easy Greek dressing recipe a try very soon! If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo & tag@playswellwithbutter on Instagram. One of my favorite things is seeing your pwwb creations! ?
Grab the full recipe below, & be sure to order yourself some DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Once you taste it, you’ll know why I’m so obsessed!Print
Punchy, garlicky, tasty Greek goodness, this Easy Greek Dressing is about to become your newest obsession. Use this Greek vinaigrette with any of your Greek-style faves: Greek salad, Greek chicken, Greek potatoes, & more!
Add all listed ingredients to a jar. Seal & shake to combine. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Enjoy!
- For a creamier Greek dressing: As written, this recipe yields a more vinaigrette-style dressing. If you want a creamy Greek dressing, add in 2-3 tablespoons of Greek yogurt, adding salt as needed to get the seasoning just right.
- & for an even creamier dressing: You can emulate the creamy, dreamy texture of store-bought dressings & vinaigrettes by giving this all-purpose vinaigrette a whirl through a food processor or blender. The powerful rotation of the blades will emulsify the olive oil & the vinegar, resulting in a super creamy vinaigrette that shouldn’t separate as it sits. YUM.
Keywords: Greek dressing recipe, Greek vinaigrette, salad dressing, vinaigrette
This Healthy Green Goddess vinaigrette recipe is part of pwwb’s Staple Vinaigrettes, a collection of easy vinaigrette recipes that pack big punches of flavor. Be sure to check it out!
Thank you so much for reading & supporting plays well with butter & the companies I partner with to keep bringing you great original content. I only feature brands & products I truly love & use on the reg in my own home. All opinions are always my own! ?