Equal parts zesty, sweet & spicy, this all-purpose grilling marinade hits on all of the the right notes. Brown sugar lends the perfect amount of sweetness to help create an addictively caramelized crust on whatever you’re grilling, & pantry spices like chili powder & smoked paprika add just the right amount of kick.
- 2 pounds meat or veggies of choice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup brown sugar, loosely packed
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce (see Recipe Notes, below)
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- optional: pinch cayenne pepper
- Mix the all-purpose grill marinade: Add the olive oil, brown sugar, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, apple cider vinegar, chili powder, paprika, Kosher salt, ground black pepper, & a pinch of cayenne pepper, if using, to a bowl or jar. Whisk or shake to combine.
- Marinate: Pour the all-purpose marinade over your meat or veggies of choice. Marinate for at least 6 hours or up to overnight.
- Grill as desired. Enjoy!
- Make it vegan: use your favorite vegan-friendly Worcestershire sauce (this is my go-to!), or double up on soy sauce & omit Worcestershire sauce altogether.
- Meal prep tip: if I know I want to use this all-purpose grilling marinade later in the week, I’ll whip up up a batch on Sunday night or whenever I’m meal prepping for the week. It only takes 5 minutes, & storing it in a jar or airtight container in the refrigerator helps the flavors meld together even more. the night before you want to use it, simply pour the marinade over whatever meat or veggies you’re grilling up. So easy!
- Category: sauces & condiments
- Method: marinade
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: all-purpose grill marinade, all-purpose marinade, grilled chicken marinade, grilled pork chop marinade, steak marinade