3-ingredient limoncello prosecco floats with lemon sorbetto are the perfect boozy dessert cocktail for summer! a scoop of lemon sorbetto gets simply drowned with a shot of limoncello & topped off with a generous splash of prosecco. light, refreshing, & easy. the perfect ending for any summer gathering!
guys! how is it already august 1?!
summer always flies by. i think it’s in the very nature of summer. you know? you fill your weeks with fun activities – weddings, family trips, weekends on the lake, cabin time – & before you know it, labor day weekend is right around the corner.
& to be honest with you, i’m usually pretty okay with that. i love summer, but i luuuuuuuuurve fall. i’m all about that cozy fall life. #septemberbaby
but this year? summer has flown by so freakishly fast. between my life changes, our family trips, & chris’ work travel & mba course load, i seriously don’t know where this time has gone this summer.
last week, when i realized that this week marked the beginning of august already, i had a slight panic attack about how we haven’t really done any real summery activities yet this year. i informed chris (in a completely undramatic manner 🙄) that we needed to get our act together in august or else we’re basically the worst 20-somethings ever.
so…we made an end of summer bucket list.
a short list of the things we’ve been meaning to do all season long, but just haven’t gotten around to. summer’s last hurrahs for the larson household. the line items on our summer bucket list are all straight-forward, simple summer fun. nothing crazy here, but i’m excited about the things that made the cut – they’re all summery fun, & if you’re not following @playswellwithbutter on instagram yet, follow along now! i’ll be giving updates there as we check things off the list!
- go to an outdoor concert at lake harriet. after living in the neighborhood for 2 years, i’m so ashamed that we’ve never gone to a concert at the bandshell 🙈. we’ve walked by during a concert countless times, but when it comes to actually packing a blanket & sneaking in a bottle of wine to listen to the music & watch all of the people? nope. never. it’s the top thing on our bucket list. (also, i haven’t had my fix of salty truffle kettle corn 😍 from bread & pickle yet this year, which is so not okay. so that’s going to have to happen while we’re there too. 😋)
- check out the summer menu at the tattersall cocktail room & make a trip to st. paul to go to tin whiskers brewing. craft cocktails for moi & beer brewed by electrical engineers for my enginerdy hubs.
- teach pbr how to swim. these days our 9-month old pup is an 80-pound ball of energy. he loves playing with other puppies & chasing his ball. he’s also slightly terrified of water. chris & i have been meaning to get him down to the lake for fun playtime in the water (aka learning how to swim), but it just hasn’t happened yet.
- go for a picnic. because what’s better than wine + cheeses + crackers + blanket + boo thang?
- throw our kayaks on the lake. we got a couple of kayaks when we got married to make sure we’d always have something to keep us active & on the water together. we haven’t gotten our boats out yet this year – so sad! it’s gotta happen.
- read a book. because i don’t really remember the last book i read! sad! officially accepting recommendations. 🤓
- check out a new-to-us restaurant in the twin cities. we have a laundry list of the different places we’d like to try, but when push comes to shove we always wind up going to our favorite spots instead. time to branch out & try something new!
- have friends over for friday night cocktails on the deck. we love entertaining in our backyard & hope to be able to do so a few more times before the season’s end. there’s nothing better than a casual backyard summer party with friends, but sometimes you need something a little more laid back & intimate. you know…the kind of night that simply calls for twinkly string lights, a couple of friends, some cheese & crackers, & a few cocktails to share. these nights often end up being my favorite summer memories.
& guess what! i have the perfect cocktail recipe for crossing “casual backyard summer nighttime gathering with friends” off all of our summer bucket lists!
limoncello prosecco floats with lemon sorbetto, aka summertime perfection.
these limoncello prosecco floats are equal parts cocktail & dessert, & they’re beyond easy to throw together: you simply drown a scoop of lemon sorbetto with a shot of limoncello & top off with a generous splash of prosecco.
& when it comes to both cocktails & desserts, it really doesn’t get easier than that.
you’ll want to use a high-quality sorbetto when you make these floats. very similar to the difference between ice cream & gelato, i find that compared to a standard sorbet or sherbet, sorbetto’s flavor tends to be a little more intense & it’s consistency is a little bit creamier.
you should be able to find sorbetto in the freezer section of any grocery store, next to the gelatos. you can also use any flavor here! i love having a few layers of lemony flavor in these prosecco floats, but raspberry would be fab too.
& my favorite part of these limoncello prosecco floats? they are sooooooo refreshing. even though i’m usually all about that ice cream life 💁🏻🍦, august nights in minnesota are usually hot & muggy. sometimes you need a cool treat that’s a little bit lighter than a heavy ice cream. prosecco limoncello floats totally deliver on that. they’re cold but refreshing with bold, bright, & tart flavors.
easy + refreshing + boozy + delicious. what more could you want out of a summer cocktail?
so…go ahead. invite a couple of friends over, serve some refreshing limoncello prosecco floats, & enjoy these last days of summer before they fly on by.
tell me! what’s on your summer bucket list for this last month of the season? let me know in the comments below…i’d LOVE to chat! xx
afraid you’ll miss a recipe or entertaining idea? be sure to follow along with plays well with butter on bloglovin. for daily foodie musings & tips, follow along with @playswellwithbutter on instagram & facebook! & for tons of pin-worthy ideas to be the hostess with the mostest, follow plays well with butter on pinterest!Print
- 1 pint lemon sorbetto, or another flavor that you love!
- 3 oz limoncello
- 16 oz prosecco
- Scoop the sorbetto into 2 chilled glasses. Add to each 1 shot (1.5 oz) of limoncello, and slowly top each with the prosecco. Serve with spoons & enjoy. Cheers!
- Serving Size: 2