A delicious sundried tomato pasta salad with only 6 ingredients. It’s unbelievably quick and easy to throw together, & even more unbelievably tasty! The best pasta salad recipe for an easy weeknight dinner or to serve for a crowd at a summer party!
First thing’s first:
Can we talk real quick about whoever first decided that they could take all of the lettuce out of a salad, only to replace it all with carby pasta heaven…& still call it salad?
Because they’re the real MVP.
AM I RITE OR AM I RITE?!
With that outta the way, the second thing: this 6-ingredient sundried tomato pasta salad NEEEEEEEDS to happen this memorial day weekend. & The weekend after that! & all summer long! again & again! on repeat!
Was that enough exclamation points to make myself clear?!?!
My sundried tomato pasta salad is seriously the bomb.
Like…it’s so good that i wasn’t even planning on putting a recipe up this week (life’s been a little crazy, ya know?), but here i am putting a recipe up this week because this sundried tomato pasta salad absolutely needs to be on your memorial day weekend menu.
I made it last weekend to have as a side dish for Chris’ 30th birthday party that we had at our house on saturday & everyone went BONKERS over it. Like, pulling me to the side to say “that pasta salad…I don’t know what you did to it, but it’s incredible!”
I mean. I knew it was a good easy pasta salad recipe, but I just couldn’t believe how crazy everyone was about it!
& the best part? This sundried tomato pasta salad is such a crowd-pleaser, but it seriously couldn’t be easier to throw together.
How to make easy sundried tomato pasta salad:
- Boil the pasta! Plain & simple. I love using a whole wheat short noodle with tons of nooks & crannies so the pasta soaks up all of the flavor from the pasta salad dressing (more on that in a sec!). My go-to pasta is always DeLallo! Their whole wheat organic fusilli is perfect for a dish like this – plus their pastas always have incredible flavor & the best al dente chew. Perfect, perfect!
- Make the sundried tomato dressing…the secret weapon that makes this sundried tomato pasta salad so easy but so insanely delicious is oil-packed sundried tomatoes. Oil-packed sundried tomatoes are just that: sundried tomatoes packed in olive oil, so as they sit on the shelf at the store, the oil gets infused with so much freakin’ sundried tomato flavor. You pop the sundried tomatoes in a food processor or a high-powered blender, along with the oil they’re packed in, & you give the whole shebang a whirl or two. The result? A sundried tomato paste that’s so concentrated in sundried tomato flavor it’s destined to create the perfect sundried tomato pasta salad.
- Toss, toss, toss! Add the sundried tomato paste to a large bowl & pour the cooked pasta over top. the warmth from the pasta will loosen up the sundried tomato paste. & Remember all those noodly nooks & crannies we were talkin’ about earlier? YUP, that’s where the sundried tomato is going to get all wound up – making every single bite loaded with flavor.
- & Then finish it off with some veggies & cheese… I add artichoke hearts, kalamata olives, cubed feta, and halved cherry tomatoes for some freshness. & Oh my gawwwwd, the combination of flavors is insane. Salty! Rich! Carbolicious! Fresh! All at the same freakin’ time!!!
The last step? Devouring it, obviously. It IS salad after all.Print
Everyone loves this sun-dried tomato pasta salad (aka greek pasta salad). grab your 6 ingredients and let’s make mediterranean pasta salad with sun dried tomatoes!
- 1 pound whole wheat pasta of choice (I love DeLallo!)
- 1 8-ounce jar sundried tomatoes packed in oil
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained & rinsed
- 1 10-ounce jar kalamata olives, drained & rinsed
- 1 8-ounce brick feta, drained
- 1 pint cherry/grape tomatoes
- Cook the pasta: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook to al dente according to package directions. Once cooked, drain the pasta – but do not rinse! Set aside.
- Make the sundried tomato dressing: Meanwhile, as the pasta boils, make the sundried tomato dressing. Add the sundried tomatoes & the oil they’re packed in to the bowl of a food processor or a high-powered blender. Pulse the sundried tomatoes for about 30 seconds, until they are completely broken down into a thick paste. Transfer the paste/dressing to a large bowl (large enough to toss the entire pasta salad!) and set aside.
- Prep the veggies & cheese: Meanwhile (the pasta will likely still be cooking), prep the veggies and the feta. Chop the artichoke hearts (I quartered mine lengthwise). Halve the kalamata olives. Halve the cherry tomatoes. Cut the feta into bite-sized cubes. Set aside.
- Assemble the pasta salad: Add the hot, cooked pasta to the bowl with the sundried tomato dressing. Toss to combine. The dressing will loosen up into the pasta and will coat the pasta evenly. Once the pasta is evenly coated, add in the artichoke hearts, kalamata olives, feta, and cherry/grape tomatoes. Toss once again to combine. Serve in a large bowl or serving dish. Enjoy!
- Serving notes: This sundried tomato pasta salad is amazing when it’s warm, at room temperature, or cold – making it super meal prep friendly. Make it when you have time and serve it as you wish! Leftovers are also incredible – like, eat straight out of the bowl incredible…not that I know from experience or anything…
- Food processors! This is the one I use (almost on a daily basis!) in my house & love. It’s the best!
Thank you so much for reading & supporting Plays Well With Butter. This post includes affiliate links for products I truly love & use on the reg in my own home. All opinions are always my own! Should you make a purchase using one of these links, PWWB will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you, which helps me continue to bring you great original & free content.