tart and juicy fresh raspberries whipped into creamy goat cheese with honey to make this whipped raspberry goat cheese spread. topped with a drizzle of reduced balsamic and served up with grilled bread, this whipped raspberry goat cheese spread is the perfect easy & elegant appetizer for any dinner party or girls night!
i made us something pink!
it’s ridiculously pink!
it’s so ridiculously pink that i honestly could not stop laughing out loud in my kitchen as i worked on this recipe.
but wanna know something else?
it’s also so ridiculously good.
like, so ridiculously good that i honestly could not sticking a spoon in the bowl to have another taste as i worked on this recipe.
whipped raspberry goat cheese spread. yes, we’re totally doing it.
so here’s the deal. i had some raspberries leftover from the project i worked on with driscoll’s this summer & i wanted to use them up in a way that would be completely unexpected. the unexpected recipes tend to be the most fun recipes, right? 💁🏻
but instead of doing another something sweet or mixing up a cocktail, i really wanted to go the savory route. & when i was thinking of other savory flavors & ingredients to pair with raspberry, i couldn’t get past goat cheese.
creamy, tangy goat cheese paired with tart and juicy raspberries.
ummm. YAS pls. 🙋🏻
so, that’s exactly what happened. a handful of raspberries got thrown into a food processor with a couple of logs of goat cheese. my berries were pretty tart, so i also drizzled in some local honey to sweeten things up a bit. i pulsed the mixture together a few times, then just let the food processor run for a full minute or two in order to get a perfectly smooth spread.
& the result? other than being fabulously pink, of course?
whipped raspberry goat cheese spread is damn tasty.
the tartness of the raspberries cuts right through the rich creaminess of the goat cheese & the touch of honey does wonders to sweeten everything up just a touch. the texture of this whipped raspberry goat cheese spread is unreal.
my fellow 90’s children are going to appreciate this one, especially, because…you know those raspberry flavored flinstones push-pops? those insanely pink & delicious frozen treats?!?!
i swear to you, this whipped raspberry goat cheese spread tastes like a grown up version of those bad boys. 😍 grown up, of course, because it isn’t sickeningly sweet. the combo of the goat cheese & reduced balsamic does wonders to balance out the raspberries & honey, making whipped raspberry goat cheese spread the perfect balance of savory & sweet.
& aside from being addictively good, whipped raspberry goat cheese spread is perfect…
- served with a pile of grilled bread. though any bread would do the trick, if you’re local to minneapolis, i hiiighly recommend the french sourdough from rose street patisserie. i brush thick slices with oil, season generously with flaky sea salt, & grill over high heat for 2-3 minutes per side, until beautiful, charred grill marks develop. the deep smoky flavor from the grill adds an extra layer of complexity to the spread. you seriously won’t be able to stop dipping.
- served in the center of tons of fresh fruit. yes! updated fruit dip! the creaminess of this whipped raspberry goat cheese spread definitely emulates that of a traditional cream cheese fruit dip, but the goat cheese & balsamic both add savory elements that give this spread a little bit of modern flare. stick with large hearty fruits perfect for dipping (like pineapple, apple, & strawberries) & you’ll so fall in love.
- served at your next girly gathering. so easy, so elegant, & so PINK! can you imagine an appetizer that’s more perfect for girl’s night? or a ladies’ luncheon? or a shower?
girlfriends. fruit. cheese. grilled bread. i’m pretty sure that the only thing that could possibly be missing is a bottle of wine. 😉
so tell me…what’s your favorite girl’s night appetizer? how do you like to use up leftover berries? have you ever made a whipped cheese spread? let me know in the comments below…i’d obv LOVE to chat! xo
afraid you’ll miss a recipe or entertaining idea? be sure to follow along with plays well with butter on bloglovin. for daily foodie musings & tips, follow along with @playswellwithbutter on instagram & facebook! & for tons of pin-worthy ideas to be the hostess with the mostest, follow plays well with butter on pinterest!
- 1 4-ounce container fresh raspberries, divided
- 12 ounces goat cheese
- 1-2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- for serving: olive oil, balsamic reduction, grilled bread
- Add half the raspberries and the goat cheese to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse a few times to break everything up, then run the food processor for 1-2 minutes, scraping the sides down as needed, until the mixture is very smooth and creamy.
- Add in the salt and 1 tablespoon of the honey and run the food processor again until the mixture is combined well. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed, adding more salt if the spread needs a little more "pop" or adding more honey if it needs more sweetness. This part is a balancing act as it totally depends on how sweet your berries are - which will vary! Taste and adjust to your tastes!
- Spoon the whipped raspberry goat cheese spread on a large plate or in a bowl. Top with a drizzle of olive oil, reduced balsamic, and a sprinkle of coarse salt and fresh cracked black pepper. Drop remaining raspberries over top, to garnish. Serve with your choice of grilled bread or chopped fruit. Enjoy!
- If desired, you can puree and strain the raspberries to remove the seeds before whipping in the goat cheese.
- Make it in advance! Make the whipped raspberry goat cheese spread up to a few days in advance and simply store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until you're ready to serve.