The Best Grilled Peach Salad Recipe!
Without ever intending on it happening, I fall head over heels with a new seasonal salad every summer. Last summer’s obsession? Falafel-ish Quinoa Salad. The summer before that? Caprese Salad 2.0. Before that? Grated Zucchini Salad. You get the idea! This summer’s signature salad is, without a doubt, this Grilled Peach and Burrata Salad.
Inspired by the gorgeous plates my friend Dale shares, I first threw this simple salad together at the beginning of the summer, when good peaches finally showed up at the market for the season. I gave it my own twist by tossing the peaches on the grill (of course 💁🏻♀️). The rest, as they say, is history! It’s made a weekly appearance on our menu ever since – we seriously can’t get enough of it, Chris & I are both obsessed!
Aside from just how effortless it is to throw together (more on that in a sec!), the big reason we’re so smitten it (& you will be too!) is its flavors. Peaches, prosciutto, & burrata are a pretty classic pairing, with good reason. The combination of juicy & sweet summer peaches, creamy & mild burrata cheese, & richly salty & savory prosciutto just cannot be beat. It’s one of those dishes that just works, on every level.
Grilled Peach Burrata Salad Recipe Highlights.
You’ll love this Grilled Peach Salad recipe because it’s…
- SERIOUSLY SIMPLE. Leaning on the natural flavors of a few high-quality ingredients, this grilled peach burrata salad is a dish that impresses, but it’s truly so simple to throw together.
- PERFECTLY BALANCED. While it’s made with simple, minimal ingredients, each component balances the others out perfectly. The juicy sweetness of summer peaches, the freshness of creamy burrata cheese, & the rich savoriness of prosciutto are a match made in heaven.
- A VERSATILE SUMMER DISH. Enjoy it on its own as a light summer meal, as an easy side dish served alongside your favorite grilled dinners, or bring to share with friends & family all summer long. This grilled peach salad is the perfect all-purpose summer dish!
A summer salad trifecta. ♡ Read on to learn more about this Grilled Peach and Burrata Salad, or jump straight to the recipe & get grilling!
Peach Burrata Salad Key Ingredients:
The best thing about this grilled peach burrata salad recipe is its simplicity. It’s a dish that relies on just a couple of high-quality ingredients & allowing their natural flavors to shine.
You will need…
- Peaches – Of course! For grilling, it’s best to use ripe-but-firm peaches. If the peaches at your store or farmer’s market are super ripe, try nectarines instead. These two stone fruits are very similar & come into season at the same time, though nectarines tend to be a little firmer than peaches.
- Burrata – Another given for a grilled peach & burrata salad. More notes on burrata below!
- Prosciutto – Look for high-quality & thinly sliced prosciutto. I like the nutty, salty flavor of Prosciutto di Parma, which provides a nice contrast to the sweetness of the grilled peaches, but Prosciutto di San Daniele (slightly sweeter flavor) or serrano ham (Spanish jamón) are both great options for this grilled peach salad recipe.
- Fresh herbs – Since my summer herb garden is overflowing, I use loads of fresh basil, though you can use whatever sounds best to you. Other fresh herbs that pair nicely with the flavors of this peach burrata salad include thyme, lemon thyme, mint, or rosemary.
- White balsamic vinegar & EVOO – For a simple, delicious grilled peach salad dressing. This is the kind of dish you want for which you’ll want to bust out your highest quality olive oil – this is my forever fave! If you don’t keep white balsamic on hand, you can also use regular dark balsamic or a thick balsamic glaze in its place.
Ingredient Spotlight – What is Burrata Cheese?
Burrata is an Italian cheese consisting of a thin shell of fresh mozzarella that encases a creamy filling of soft curd and cream (stracciatella). It’s creamy with a clean, fresh flavor – absolute heaven! Here in the U.S., burrata is readily available at conventional grocery stores with a good cheese assortment. You can also find burrata at most specialty Italian markets. It’s typically stocked near fresh mozzarella & soft cheeses. If you’re unable to find burrata, you can swap it out with good, high-quality ricotta.
How to Grill Peaches for Salad:
The only real prep work involved in throwing together this peach burrata salad is grilling the peaches. You can, of course, skip the grill & opt for fresh peaches instead, but it’s pretty hard to beat a grilled peach. The grill caramelizes a ripe summer peach’s natural sugars, highlighting its sweetness & balancing it with a little smokiness. Plus, grilling peaches is super simple!
Tips for the best grilled peaches:
Choosing the right peaches. ⇢ Because they soften up quickly on the grill, it’s best to use ripe-but-firm peaches for this grilled peach salad recipe. If the peaches at your store or farmer’s market are super ripe, try nectarines instead. These two stone fruits are very similar & come into season at the same time, though nectarines tend to be a little firmer than peaches.
Peach prep. ⇢ For grilling, it’s best to cut peaches into slightly larger slices than you’d typically eat raw. Depending on the size of the peach, I like to slice them into quarters or sixths for this grilled peach burrata salad. To prevent the peaches from sticking to the grill grates, lightly coat them with your favorite neutral oil with a high smoke point (e.g. avocado oil, grapeseed oil, etc.).
Grilling temperature & timing. ⇢ The best temperature to grill peaches is with medium-high direct heat, about 500-550 degrees F. They grill really quickly, about 3-4 minutes per side or until they’re as charred & softened as you like. If you do not have an outdoor grill, you can use a grill pan instead.
*More Grilling Tips & Tricks
Grilling doesn’t have to be complicated or intimidating, we’ll show you how!
We’ve created a completely FREE 5 Day Grilling Series dedicated to help you be your most confident self behind the grill this summer. We’ll guide you through Grilling 101 Tips & Tricks (& as a bonus, we’ll send you our BONUS 15 Grilling Marinades download right away!). Sign up now!
Let’s make this your best grilling season yet! 🙌🏼 🔥
Assembly, Serving Suggestions, & Easy Variations.
With the peaches grilled, all that’s left to do is assemble & serve your peach burrata salad – seriously simple!
Grilled Peach Burrata Salad Assembly.
The really fun part about making this salad is seeing it all come together into a picture-perfect dish. Grab your favorite serving platter & arrange the grilled peaches over top. Tear the prosciutto into bite-sized pieces, tucking it in between the peaches. Repeat with the burrata. Drizzle the whole salad with extra virgin olive oil & white balsamic, which make up the simplest peach salad dressing, then finish it all off with a sprinkling of fresh basil leaves, flaky sea salt, & freshly ground black pepper. Totally simple, totally perfect.
I absolutely adore enjoying this grilled peach burrata salad on its own, as a light + fresh summer meal. The combination of flavors is super satisfying. It also doubles as a great side dish for any warm weather dinner, like grilled sausage, grilled lemon chicken, or even a grilled turkey burger (check out the lemon herb variation!). You really can’t go wrong!
Based on the availability of ingredients, you can easily swap & sub the components of this grilled peach salad recipe to use whatever you happen to have on hand. Nectarines make a great sub for peaches. If you can’t find prosciutto, serrano ham, salami, & capicola are all fab options. If you can’t find burrata, simply use fresh mozzarella.
To make a more traditional salad, with leafy greens, arugula is an easy add-in. Its peppery bite adds another layer of flavor that takes this salad to the next level! For a grilled peach arugula salad with burrata and prosciutto, simply toss arugula with a little EVOO & white balsamic, then layer the peaches, burrata, & prosciutto over top – easy!
I cannot wait for you to make this Grilled Peach Burrata Salad! It’s our Summer of 2021 obsession, & I know you’re going to love it as much as we do. If you do give it a try, be sure to let me know! Leave a comment with a star rating below. You can also snap a photo & tag @playswellwithbutter on Instagram. I LOVE hearing about & seeing your PWWB creations!
Love easy, summery salads? Um, same here! 🙌🏼 Try this Falafel-ish Quinoa Salad, our Favorite Greek Farro Salad, or this Caprese Salad 2.0 (an epic Heirloom Tomato Burrata Salad) next! Happy summer! ♡Print
Grilled Peach and Burrata Salad with Prosciutto
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: serves 2-4 1x
- Category: Entrée Salads & Bowls Recipes, Side Dishes
- Method: Grilling & Smoking
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
This Grilled Peach and Burrata Salad is the ultimate summer salad! A quick hit on the grill makes juicy summer peaches gloriously caramelized & subtly smoky. Turn it into the quickest salad, pairing the grilled peaches with creamy burrata cheese, thinly sliced prosciutto, fresh basil, & white balsamic. The perfect all-purpose summer dish!
- 2 firm but ripe peaches, pitted & sliced into 1/4s or 1/6ths (see Recipe Notes)
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil (or neutral high smoke point oil of choice)
- 4 ounces burrata, removed from brine & patted dry (see Recipe Notes)
- 2 ounces prosciutto, roughly torn
- handful fresh basil leaves, roughly torn
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- flaky sea salt & ground black pepper, to season
- Prepare the grill for medium-high direct heat grilling, 500-550 degrees F.
- Prepare the peaches: Place the sliced peaches in a mixing bowl or on a small baking sheet. Lightly drizzle with avocado oil. Season with pinch of kosher salt & ground black pepper as desired. Toss to coat.
- Grill the peaches: Place the peaches directly on the grill grates. Grill 3-4 minutes per side, or until nicely charred & slightly softened. Transfer the grilled peaches to a plate or small baking sheet.
- Assemble the salad: Arrange the grilled peaches on a large plate or serving platter. Gently tear the prosciutto & burrata over the peaches. Finish with the basil, a quick drizzle of olive oil & white balsamic, & a good pinch of flaky sea salt & ground black pepper. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
- Choosing the best peaches for grilling: Because they soften up quickly on the grill, it’s best to pick ripe-yet-firm peaches for this grilled peach salad. When grilling them, it’s also helpful to cut the peaches into larger slices than you’d eat raw – depending on the size of the peach, I like to slice them into quarters or sixths for this grilled peach and burrata salad.
- Burrata is an Italian cheese consisting of a thin shell of fresh mozzarella that encases a creamy filling of soft curd and cream. It’s creamy with a clean, fresh flavor – absolute heaven! Here in the U.S., burrata is readily available at conventional grocery stores with a good cheese assortment. You can also find burrata at most specialty Italian markets. It’s typically stocked near fresh mozzarella & soft cheeses.
Keywords: grilled peach salad, burrata, easy, grilling & smoking, summer, simple, gluten-free, low-carb, side dish, salad
Recipe & Food Styling by Jess Larson, Plays Well With Butter | Photography by Rachel Cook, Half Acre House.
Ready to Hit the Grill?
If this all still feels new to you, I encourage you to head over to Grilling 101, a compilation of tips & tricks for all of the grilling basics – everything from how to light your grill to how to clean your grill.
All this talk about grilling have you feelin’ ready to hit the grill? Me too! Be sure to check out this post for my 15 go-to marinades you need this grilling season. At our house, a good marinade is at the heart of grilling season. I’m positive these marinades will be on repeat at your house this summer! For even more grilled goodness, be sure to check out all of our Grilling & Smoking recipes.
& lastly! Be sure to give @playswellwithbutter a follow on Instagram – I’ll be teaching you how to grill up some goodness all summer long, & we have so much fun on Instagram!
Want more grilling tips & recipes?
You’re in the right place! 🙌🏼 Subscribe to have PWWB Grilling Series updates sent straight to your inbox. We’re sharing exclusive grilling tips, tricks, & sneak peeks to our email friends. Plus, you’ll be the first to know about all of PWWB’s new grilling recipes all summer long. Subscribe below!
Follow along with Plays Well With Butter on Instagram, Facebook, & Pinterest for more easy, modern recipes & fun!
Made this as an app for a recent backyard party and it was a hit! Easy to make and great flavor!
Hi Scott! So glad to hear everyone loved it & thanks so much for leaving a comment – we truly appreciate it!
I absolutely love this recipe! I’ve made it a few times this summer, and it is so simple and delicious. I don’t own a grill, so I’ve tried cooking the peaches on a stovetop and have also left them uncooked, and the flavors are amazing either way!
Thanks Megan! So glad to hear that you loved this one – nothing better than end of summer peaches!! 💜
Yum yum yum. So good and so easy. An impressive summer dish that makes you feel like you’re at a restaurant with about 5 minutes of effort. Perfection!
SO GOOD! This is a perfect summer recipe. We turned ours into a salad with some arugula and extra prosciutto. I already can’t wait to make it again!
Oh my god. Made this as a side for grilled pork chops for dinner tonight and WOW. It was delicious! I even found peach white vinegar at my grocery store and that took it to the next level. Delish!!
Super yummy summer salad!! I added a spinach base for a more traditional salad and it tasted divine 😊
Hi Joelle! Thanks so much for your review – we are so glad to hear that you enjoyed the salad!!