a bulletproof coffee protein latte recipe for a dreamy, creamy, healthy latte that is beyond delicious. this healthy latte is full of satisfying protein from your favorite whey or plant-based protein powder & healthy fats from coconut oil. the best part is how completely easy to make at home! paleo & whole30 friendly. this post may contain affiliate links for products i use on the reg & completely love. should you buy a product using one of these links, pwwb will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. thank you, as always, for supporting plays well with butter! 💜
i first heard of bulletproof coffee quite some time ago. a former co-worker, who was super into nutrition & even jumped on the paleo bandwagon before it blew up into the lifestyle craze it is today, was explaining to me that she gave her metabolism a boost every morning by blending clarified butter into her coffee.
& i totally wrote the idea of bulletproof coffee as a legitimately crazy fad diet, until i saw a post on instagram a few years back that jogged my memory.
& thank god it did.
allow me to introduce you to bulletproof coffee protein lattes:
also known as the best thing to happen to your morning routine in forevvvvver. 😍😍😍
i kid you not. this is the creamiest, dreamiest cup of coffee i have ever made for myself at home. & let me tell you – as a total coffee addict of 10+ years, that’s sayin’ a whole helluva lot.
& the best part?? bulletproof coffee protein lattes are sooooo easy to make in the morning.
how to make a bulletproof coffee protein latte:
rather than going the traditional bulletproof coffee route, i take some liberties to make this bulletproof coffee protein latte totally delicious & so simple to make.
- swap the usually called for clarified butter out with organic coconut oil. it’s a pantry staple in my house, so i always have it on hand. plus, it’s a great source of healthy fats & it also adds a great subtle flavor to the coffee. win-win.
- add in a nice splash of milk to make the latte extra creamy & dreamy. i regularly make this bulletproof coffee protein latte with dairy milk (Fairlife is my favorite option!) & unsweetened almond milk, & both are great. coconut milk would also be fab!!! if you drink your coffee black, feel free to leave out the milk for more concentrated coffee flavor. the bulletproof coffee will still be super creamy & dreamy from the coconut milk, so you won’t miss out on anything!
- toss in a scoop of protein powder, which gives the latte great flavor, a hint of sweetness, & gives your body enough fuel to get you through those mid-morning hangry tummy grumbles. tone it up will forever by my favorite protein powder. it’s plant based, cost-effective, has amazing ingredients, & tastes so good. use vanilla to make your latte a vanilla latte, or chocolate to make it a mocha! both are fab.
- & a scoop of collagen peptides! collagen is a more recent addition to my morning routine, but i couldn’t love it more. with beauty benefits like stronger nails + hair, how could you go wrong?
pop it all in a blender & blend for about 30 seconds, until the coconut oil emulsifies into the coffee & whole thing turns into a creamy, dreamy latte.
omg omg omg. hello lover.
the creamiest, dreamiest cup of homemade coffee. ever.
safe to say, this skeptic is converted.
i am totally hooked & 100% aboard the bulletproof coffee train. it’s been a part of my morning routine ever since i first tried it (almost 2 years ago!) & i don’t think i’ll ever look back.
bulletproof coffee. just do it!
if you liked this bulletproof coffee protein latte recipe, here are a couple other easy, healthy recipes to check out!
- mocha protein smoothies
- strawberry pb&j smoothies
- healthy peanut butter breakfast cookies (with chocolate chunks!)
- all healthy pwwb recipes
a bulletproof coffee protein latte recipe for a dreamy, creamy, healthy latte that is beyond delicious. this healthy bulletproof coffee latte is full of satisfying protein from your favorite whey or plant-based protein powder & healthy fats from coconut oil. the best part is how completely easy to make at home! paleo & whole30 friendly.
Add the brewed coffee, your milk of choice, and organic coconut oil to a high-speed blender. If you’re using a protein powder &/or collagen powder, add them in at this time as well. Blend the coffee for about 30 seconds, until all coconut oil is melted & coffee is frothy. Enjoy immediately. Creamy heaven!
- Protein powders: My favorite topic of conversation. When it comes to taste, quality of ingredients, nutritional value, & price, I cannot recommend Tone It Up’s protein powders more highly! They’re my absolute favorite. Their plant-based proteins have a very reasonable amount of calories & grams of protein, plus no added sugars. Vanilla is my go-to. Chocolate makes a suuupeer chocolatey bulletproof protein mocha. 😋 Coconut has a great natural coconut flavor. You can’t go wrong, honestly. When it comes to collagen peptides, I love Vital Proteins – it offers great beauty benefits, such as stronger hair & nails!
- Milk: Use whatever milk you like best or works best for your body for this bulletproof coffee protein latte. I love the added protein & low sugars of Fairlife’s milks. I’ve also made this bulletproof coffee protein latte many, many times with unsweetened vanilla almond milk – you can’t go wrong!
- Blenders: Whenever you blend hot liquid, you’ll want to leave some room in your blender to allow for the heat to expand as it blends. If you’re using a large blender, like a Vitamix, this shouldn’t be much of an issue, as there should be plenty of room in the blender, but if you’re using a individual serving sized blender, like a Nutri-Bullet you’ll just want to leave a little room in the cup. I currently use & highly recommend this Vitamix – it’s a workhorse & will last forever! Before I bought my Vitamix, I used a Nutri-Bullet for many years & it works totally fine for this recipe!
- You can absolutely turn this into bulletproof coffee iced protein latte (it’s super yummy!), but you’ll want to start first with hot coffee. If you start with room temperature/cold coffee, neither the protein powder nor the coconut oil emulsify into the coffee properly. Blend as described above, then cool and serve over ice.