an easy golden turmeric latte recipe that’s just as delicious as it is beautiful! this easy golden turmeric latte is loaded with the warm flavors, antioxidants and anti-inflammatory benefits of turmeric, ginger, and cinnamon. great for a calming morning drink, or an afternoon pick-me-up!
this post is brought to you in partnership with Kemps® and their new probiotic milk, which is available in wisconsin & minnesota at most major grocers, such as Target, Cub, Roundy’s, & Festival Foods. all opinions are my own. thank you, as always, for visiting plays well with butter & supporting the brands that support me! 💜
alright gals. are you ready to ✨glow✨?! how about if we add a creamy, frothy, & comforting latte to the mix?? & how about we make it a super easy & healthy latte at that? a latte that’s full of the tasty glow-worthy benefits of turmeric, cinnamon, ginger, & milk…
are you on board yet??
ok, good. i thought you might be. 😉
so here’s the deal. as a born-&-raised wisconsin gal, milk has always been a huge part of my life. family meals, whether breakfast or supper, were never complete without icy cold glasses of milk for everyone at the table. school snacks & lunches always started by grabbing a milk from the milk cooler. (side note – major shout out to anyone who drank their school milk out of a pouch!!)
my love affair with all things dairy hasn’t gone anywhere as an adult. while i have an obvious fondness of fancy lattes & cheese boards, milk is also one of my go-tos for a healthy punch of nutrients on a daily basis. & while milk alternatives are kind of having a moment right now, i just cannot bring myself to give up milk. i love the protein it adds to my morning coffee & the creaminess it adds to my daily smoothie. & above all, i love finding new ways to use milk in my daily life that make me feel both comforted & amazing all at once.
enter this easy golden turmeric latte.
i first tried a golden turmeric latte at my favorite neighborhood coffee shop. once i saw the beautiful golden hue & imagined the warming flavors of turmeric + ginger + cinnamon frothed together into creamy perfection, it was one of those things that i couldn’t not try, you know?
which is exactly why it was so disappointing when the golden turmeric latte i tried just wasn’t great. it tasted watery & somehow all of the flavor of the spices got lost.
i knew i could do better in my own kitchen (& as a bonus i’d save $5 every time!), so i set out to make my own. & oh my word, my golden turmeric latte did not disappoint.
this golden turmeric latte is unbelievably flavorful, & as a bonus it’s unbelievably good for you. we’re talkin’…
- turmeric + cinnamon, the power couple of the spice world when it comes to antioxidant & anti-inflammatory properties (✨hello glowing vibes✨)
- ginger + cayenne, which add a balancing punch of spice that makes you go back to your golden latte sip after sip (after sip after sip…)
- Kemps Probiotic Milk, which delivers on the creamy dreamy factor of this easy golden turmeric latte, but also serves as a powerhouse ingredient when it comes to health benefits. it has billions of live probiotic cultures per serving to help support super healthy digestion, plus it’s loaded with calcium, protein, vitamins a & d, and 9 other essential nutrients. superfood much??
as a bonus, which i was so pleased to learn, Kemps probiotic milk is produced locally in rochester, mn by family-run farms. & as a double bonus, it’s so easy to find!! i was able to find it at my local target store right next to all of the other milks, but it’s also available at cub, festival foods, & roundy’s across minnesota & wisconsin.
so…it’s safe to say an easy golden turmeric latte is my go-to afternoon pick-me-up these days.
& with the ✨glow✨ factor that comes with its antioxidants, anti-inflammatory benefits, and healthy digestion, it should be yours too. get your glow on, girlfriends! ✨💜
if you love this easy golden turmeric latte recipe, here are a couple of other recipes you’ll be obsessed with:
- bulletproof coffee protein latte
- mocha protein smoothie
- chocolate cold brew overnight oats
- all pwwb healthy recipes
this easy golden turmeric latte recipe is just as delicious as it is beautiful! this easy golden turmeric latte is loaded with the warm flavors, antioxidants and anti-inflammatory benefits of turmeric, ginger, and cinnamon. great for a calming morning drink, or an afternoon pick-me-up!
- 1 cup Kemps Probiotic Milk® (the 2% variety is fantastic!), steamed or frothed
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp honey (or maple syrup, or agave)
- optional: 1 scoop collagen powder
- optional: 1-2 shots espresso
Steam or froth the milk in your frother or on the stovetop. Transfer the warm milk into a blender with all of the spices, coconut oil, and honey. Blend on high speed until frothy and combined. Pour into a mug and enjoy!
- For a dirty easy golden turmeric latte, add 1-2 shots of espresso as desired.
- I prefer my lattes to be sweet, but not too sweet. 1 teaspoon of honey (or another sweetener of choice) does it for me, but if you like sweet drinks you may wish to add another teaspoon or two.
- One of my favorite things to do while I’m meal prepping for the week is to make a golden turmeric latte dry mix, which keeps me from having to dig around my pantry for 5 bottles of spices when I want to make a golden turmeric latte. In a small jar (or resealable container), combine 2 tablespoons each ground turmeric, ginger, and cinnamon, 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper, and ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper. Cover and shake to combine the spices, ensuring they’re thoroughly mixed. To make a golden turmeric latte during the week, all you have to do is measure out 1 ½ heaping teaspoons of the dry mix and add to the blender to make your latte. Dry mix is good for about 6 easy golden turmeric lattes.
- After testing this easy golden turmeric latte recipe in both my blender and my go-to milk frother, I prefer taking a combined approach. The frother adds great foam to the milk (which I love, but isn’t necessary!), and the blender helps mix the spices into the milk in a way that the frother alone did not. For best results, I suggest using both, though at a minimum adding warmed milk to a blender will work just fine!