This Harvest Sheet Pan Chicken Sausage Dinner is not your average sheet pan meal! Chicken apple sausage, butternut squash, & Brussels sprouts are tossed in a quick maple dressing, then roast with pancetta & pine nuts to crispy, caramelly perfection. This hearty chicken sausage sheet pan is filled with the bold, rich flavors of fall.
- 16 ounces Brussels sprouts, trimmed & halved (roughly 12 ounces/2 cups trimmed)
- 1/2 small butternut squash, peeled, deseeded & cut into 1/2-inch cubes (roughly 12 ounces/2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh herbs (e.g. rosemary, sage, thyme, oregano, etc.)
- 12 ounces fully-cooked apple chicken sausage, sliced on a bias into 1/4-inch pieces (see Recipe Notes)
- 4 ounces pancetta, diced into 1/4-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- coarse kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- for serving, as desired: shaved parmesan, balsamic glaze, etc.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or foil for easy cleanup.
- Prep the sheet pan: Place the trimmed Brussels sprouts & cubed butternut squash on the prepared sheet pan. Drizzle the olive oil & maple syrup over top. Season with the fresh herbs, 1 teaspoon kosher salt, & ground black pepper as desired. Using your hands, toss to coat the veggies in the seasoning, then arrange in an even layer on the sheet pan. Add the thinly sliced chicken sausage & cubed pancetta to the sheet pan, doing your best to ensure everything is in a single, even layer. If needed, use 2 sheet pans to avoid overcrowding.
- Roast: Transfer the sheet pan to the oven. Roast for 25 minutes, flipping the veggies & sausage halfway through. With 5 minutes left, add the pine nuts to the sheet pan to toast as the chicken sausage & veggies finish roasting.
- Serve: Finish the sheet pan with a sprinkling of shaved parmesan & a drizzle of balsamic glaze, as desired. Serve immediately, with a fresh green salad &/or grains of your choice. Enjoy!
- Best chicken sausage to use:
- You can really use any chicken sausage you love for this chicken sausage sheet pan dinner. My absolute favorite is Amylu chicken sausage, which I find at Whole Foods. They’re made with real food ingredients & come in a variety of delish flavors. My personal favorite for this particular recipe is the Amylu Apple & Gouda Chicken Sausage.
- It’s worth noting that as written, this recipe calls for fully-cooked chicken sausage. To substitute your favorite fresh (raw) chicken sausage, roast the sausage whole with the vegetables according to Step 4 of Recipe Directions, above, & thinly slice before serving.
- Make-Ahead & Storage: Leftovers will keep, stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator, for up to 5 days.
- 15-Minute Meal Prep: Nearly all of the active prep work for this sheet pan dinner recipe is chopping veggies. Chop them up in advance to get a head start on your chicken sausage sheet pan – it’ll take 15 minutes, tops. Store the veggies in individual airtight containers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. At dinnertime all you have to do is toss them on a sheet pan & get roasting – so easy!:
- Trim & halve 16 ounces Brussels sprouts.
- Peel, deseed, & dice 1 small butternut squash into 1/2-inch cubes. You’ll use about 1/2 of the butternut squash (2 cups) in this recipe.
Keywords: sheet pan chicken sausage and vegetables, sheet pan dinner, chicken sausage, chicken apple sausage, fall vegetables, butternut squash, Brussels sprouts, easy, healthy, gluten-free, fall recipes, weeknight