These no-bake muesli bars are a snack lover’s dream! Chewy-crispy, satisfying, & totally wholesome no bake bars that come together quickly with help of a food processor & your favorite store-bought muesli.
If muesli is new to you, you’re in for such a treat – it’s a mix of raw oats, nuts, seeds, & dried fruit that’s just as satisfying & good-for-you as a high-quality granola, but the fact that all of its ingredients are raw also makes it a convenient base ingredient for other goodies, like muesli pancakes, cookies, or granola bars.
I’m especially partial to the Gluten-Free Tropical Muesli from my friends at Bob’s Red Mill, but you can certainly use whatever muesli you love most. Simply pulse it up with coconut oil & honey, then chill in a pan & slice into bars – easy!
These are the perfect on-the-go snack for road trips, cabin weekends, picnics in the park, or lakeside snacks with the family. They’re also awesome with a cup of iced coffee – just sayin’!
- one 14-ounce bag muesli of choice, such as Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Tropical Muesli
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup honey or pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- optional: chocolate coating, below
for the chocolate coating:
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon melted coconut oil
- Prepare the no-bake muesli bars: To a food processor fitted with the blade attachment, add the muesli, coconut oil, honey/pure maple syrup, & salt. Pulse until combined, breaking the muesli down into fine pieces. [gallery columns="2" size="full" ids="45009,45010"]
- Chill: Line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Transfer the no-bake muesli bar mixture into the loaf pan, pressing down firmly to pack the muesli mixture into an even layer. Transfer to the refrigerator or freezer to chill completely, about 2 hours in the refrigerator & 20 minutes in the freezer.
- Slice & serve: Remove the. chilled muesli mixture from the pan. Use a sharp knife to slice into 8-10 bars or 16-18 bites. If desired, finish each no-bake muesli bar with chocolate coating – place the chocolate & coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl & microwave in 30-second intervals, mixing well between intervals, until completely melted & smooth. Drizzle over the no-bake muesli bars/bites & finish with flaky sea salt as desired. Enjoy!
- Muesli is a traditional European-style cereal, typically consisting of some combination of grains, nuts, seeds, & dried fruits. Unlike granola, which is typically sweetened & baked, muesli is typically made with raw ingredients & enjoyed uncooked as a cold breakfast cereal or yogurt topper. Because it’s raw & unsweetened, it’s also an excellent base for any number of baked goods that call for whole grains, nuts, & dried fruit.
- Bob’s Red Mill is my go-to, they have a number of delicious muesli varieties that work beautifully for no-bake bars. I’m partial to Bob’s Gluten-Free Tropical Muesli, which has coconut flakes, dried mango, & macadamia nuts – it tastes just like Hawaii!
- No muesli? No problem! ⇢ Feel free to make your own mix for these no-bake bars using 1 ½ cups old fashioned oats, 1 cup coconut flakes, ½ cup nuts/seeds of choice, ½ cup dried fruit(s) of choice
- Storage: No-bake muesli bites will keep, stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator, for up to 2 weeks.