fresh, fast, & light grated raw zucchini salad recipe with feta! this easy salad has simple summer ingredients like shredded zucchini, tomatoes, castelvetrano olives, & tangy feta cheese. great for an easy weeknight dinner or side dish, or perfect for feeding a crowd at summer parties & BBQs! vegetarian, naturally gluten-free, low-carb, raw, totally healthy & fresh!
- 2 medium zucchini, grated or shredded (see Recipe Notes)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 6-ounce jar castelvetrano olives, drained & halved
- 6 ounces feta, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, torn or roughly chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt & ground black pepper
Add the zucchini to a large bowl. Top with the tomatoes, olives, feta, and dill. Season with a few pinches Kosher salt and ground black pepper – about ¼ teaspoon each. Squeeze in the lemon juice and drizzle the olive oil over top. Gently toss to combine, then taste and season with additional salt as desired. Transfer the salad to a serving dish or platter as desired. Enjoy!
- Serving: Grated zucchini salad makes for a great side dish to serve with any meal, or to bring with you to a potluck or BBQ this summer. You can also meal prep it at the beginning of the week for a week’s worth of easy lunches, which is exactly what I do! Store the salad in airtight containers in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. The salad may get some extra liquid in the bottom of the bowl as it sits – just drain it off before you serve it.
- Shredding zucchini: I use the shredding blade on my food processor to shred zucchini really easily & quickly. This is the food processor I use, & i’m obsessed with it – it gets used on a near daily basis in my house. If you do not have a food processor, you could also use a box grater! Use the wider grates to cut larger pieces of zucchini – they’ll hold up a little better in this salad than finely grated zucchini.
- Castelvetrano olives are my absolute favorite olive! They are meaty, & briny without being too salty. You should be able to find them in most grocery stores, especially if your store has an olive bar. Or! You could just do yourself a favor & order a jar here like the tech-savvy superstar you are.