A simple chimichurri sauce to add just the right amount of bright & vibrant goodness to any dish. Made with fresh herbs & a handful of pantry ingredients, this easy chimichurri recipe is the perfect topping for grilled beef, grilled chicken, grilled veggies, & more! Naturally dairy-free, gluten-free, vegan, & vegetarian.
- 1/2 cup packed cilantro leaves & tender stems
- 1/2 cup packed parsley leaves & tender stems
- 3 tablespoons packed fresh oregano leaves
- 1 lemon, zested & juiced
- 3–4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flake
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Prep the chimichurri sauce: Place all listed ingredients in a food processor & pulse to combine. Taste and season with additional salt or ground black pepper, as desired. [gallery columns="2" size="full" ids="12132,12133"]
- Serve: Enjoy your chimichurri immediately, topped on grilled meats, roasted veggies, drizzled over a salad, & so on. Sky’s the limit!
- Storage: This Chimichurri sauce will keep, stored in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- Freezing: To freeze, store in a freezer safe container (these are my favorite!) for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator a day before you’d like to use it.
Keywords: chimichurri sauce recipe, easy chimichurri, no-cook, vegan, dairy-free, vegetarian, healthy, grilling season, summer, spring