an easy vegetarian breakfast burritos recipe, filled with soft-scrambled eggs, cheese, roasted broccoli, mushrooms & potatoes, & a drizzle of pesto for freshness. pesto roasted veggie vegetarian breakfast burritos are the perfect healthy make-ahead breakfast for weekdays! (meal prep & freezer-friendly)
- 1 small head broccoli, cut into bite-sized florets (about 12 oz florets)
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into ½-inch dice
- 3 tablespoons DeLallo Pure Olive Oil, divided
- Kosher salt & ground black pepper
- 8 large eggs
- ¼ cup milk of choice
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- ⅓ cup DeLallo Squeeze Basil Pesto
- 8 large tortillas (burrito size, see Recipe Notes)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or foil for easy clean up. Set aside.
- Roast the veggies: Place the broccoli florets, sliced mushrooms, and diced potatoes on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of the olive oil over top. Season with 1 teaspoon each Kosher salt and ground black pepper. Toss to coat. Roast for 30 minutes, or until the potatoes are golden and fork-tender, and the mushrooms and broccoli florets are slightly crisp around the edges.
- Cook the eggs: Meanwhile, as the veggies roast, scramble the eggs. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Crack all the eggs in a large bowl. Add the milk to the bowl and season with 1 teaspoon each Kosher salt and ground black pepper. Whisk until the eggs are pale & frothy. Add the eggs to the skillet. Scramble the eggs, using a wooden spoon or spatula to push them around as the cook, until the eggs are just set, about 2 minutes. The eggs should be very fluffy and slightly wet – resist the temptation to overcook your eggs! Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Assemble the burritos! Breakfast burrito assembly works best with warm tortillas. Pop the tortillas into the microwave for 30 seconds to warm them up. Fill each burrito with eggs, roasted veggies, a sprinkling of shredded mozzarella, and about 1 tablespoon of pesto. Roll them up tightly, tucking the sides toward the center then roll the filling into the center of the burrito.
- Serving: To serve immediately, place the assembled burritos on a baking sheet. Pop back in the oven for 5 minutes, until the cheese is melted. To save for later, wrap each burrito in plastic or foil and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month. To serve, reheat in the microwave for about 60 seconds. Enjoy!
- Burrito size: This recipe will yield 8 average sized vegetarian breakfast burritos, or 6 jumbo burritos. We tend to lean towards the “gimme-a-jumbo-burrito” end of the spectrum in our house, so I’ll often double this recipe so Chris & I can both have a breakfast burrito for breakfast during the week.
- Freezing breakfast burritos: If you would like to freeze your vegetarian breakfast burritos for later, be sure to wrap them tightly in foil to avoid freezer burn. These burritos will keep for up to 1 month in the freezer. You can thaw them out in the fridge overnight, or simply pop your breakfast burrito in the microwave for 2-3 minutes (after removing the foil, of course).
Keywords: vegetarian breakfast burritos recipe