this vegan taco salad is piled high with roasted cauliflower, sweet potatoes, & chickpeas, plus any other taco toppings you love, & served with a homemade smoky & creamy cashew vegan taco salad dressing that’s so good you’ll want to eat it by the spoonful! the perfect easy meatless monday dinner, or healthy lunch to meal prep for the week.
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into bite-sized florets
- 1 large sweet potato, diced into ½-inch cubes
- 1 can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 lime, juiced
- 6 cups mixed greens
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 14-ounce can black beans, drained & rinsed
- for serving: cilantro lime quinoa (below), pico de gallo, salsa of choice, chopped cilantro, lime wedges for spritzing, smoky cashew dressing (see Recipe Notes)
for the cilantro lime quinoa:
- ½ cup dry quinoa
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper or aluminum foil and set aside.
- Prep the cauliflower & chickpeas: Place the cauliflower florets, sweet potato, and chickpeas in a large bowl. Drizzle the olive oil over top, then season with the chili powder, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, oregano and salt. Squeeze the lime juice over top. Toss to combine. Transfer the veggies & chickpeas to the prepared baking dish, arranging everything in a uniform layer, with lots of breathing room. Resist the temptation to crowd everything on one baking sheet – the veggies and chickpeas will get much crispier if you divide them between the 2!
- Roast the veggies & chickpeas for 30 minutes, giving the baking sheets a good shake about halfway through. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Make the cilantro lime quinoa: Cook the quinoa according to package directions. Once cooked, fluff the quinoa with a fork and gently stir in the lime juice and the chopped cilantro. Set aside.
- Assemble the vegan taco salad: Add the greens to a large bowl. Top with the roasted veggies & chickpeas, diced avocado, black beans and any other taco salad toppings you like. Pile them high! Drizzle with smoky cashew dressing and serve. Enjoy!
for the smoky cashew dressing:
½ cup roasted unsalted cashews
1 chipotle pepper (from a can, in adobo sauce) OR 2 teaspoons adobo sauce (from a can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce)
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon ground cumin
¼ teaspoon granulated garlic
½ teaspoon Kosher salt
1 cup water
1-2 limes, juiced
DIRECTIONS: Combine all listed ingredients in a high-speed blender. Blend to combine. Transfer to a bowl and set aside or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Enjoy!
Keywords: vegan taco salad, roasted veggie taco salad, taco sald recipe