perfectly smoky & sweet, these smoky mango mezcal margaritas are the best way to give your margarita game a little flair! the deep smokiness of mezcal is the perfect pair for sweet mango juice. this smoky mango mezcal margarita recipe is easy to make, & even easier to drink…the only thing missing is chips & guac!
- for rimming glasses: Kosher salt & extra lime wedges
- 1 1/2 ounces mezcal
- 2 ounces triple sec
- 3 ounces mango juice (see Recipe Notes)
- 2 ounces freshly squeezed lime juice (about 2 juicy limes)
- optional: 1 ounce club soda (flavored as desired!)
- Rim a frosty glass: Place a generous amount of Kosher salt on a small plate. Run a wedge of lime around the rim of a frosty glass. Dip the edges into the Kosher salt to rim the surface in the salt. Fill the glass with ice and set aside.
- Mix the margarita: Add the mezcal, triple sec, mango juice, and lime juice to a cocktail shaker over ice. Shake for about 30 seconds to combine. Strain into your prepared glass. Finish, as desired, with a splash of club soda (flavored as desired!). Cheers!
- Mango juice! I found a great mango juice in cans at Trader Joe’s. I’ve also made this recipe with a mixed passion fruit + mango juice (again, Trader Joe’s) & it was obviously delicious. Use whatever you can find & like best!
- Serving a crowd? Instead of mixing up smoky mango mezcal margaritas one by one, go ahead and multiply the recipe by 4 or 6 (depending on the size of your crowd), pouring all of the ingredients into your favorite pitcher. Just as your guests arrive, add some ice to the pitcher. Set out glasses, salt, and limes so your guests can serve themselves, leaving you to enjoy hostessing & not play bartender all night long. #boom.
- An electric citrus juicer like this one is a lifesaver if you make any amounts of margaritas on the reg. Seriously.
- These smoky mango mezcal margaritas are destined to be served with a big bowl of guacamole. Obvi.