Brussels sprouts oven-roast with pancetta in a simple sauce made of pure maple syrup & mustard, until perfectly crispy & caramelly. Finish with pine nuts & parmesan cheese for an extra special touch. Your new favorite roasted Brussels sprouts recipe!
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed, tough outer leaves removed, and cut in half
- 4 ounces pancetta, cut into ¼-inch dice (see Recipe Notes)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- optional: 2-3 tablespoons grated parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or tin foil and set aside.
- Prep the Brussels sprouts: In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, mustards, maple syrup, kosher salt, and ground black pepper. Add the halved Brussels sprouts and pancetta, tossing to combine. Pour the entire mixture on the prepared baking sheet, arranging the sprouts & bacon in a single, uniform layer.
- Roast the Brussels sprouts for 25 minutes, then remove the Brussels sprouts from the oven and sprinkle the pine nuts over top. Return the Brussels sprouts to the oven to roast for 5 additional minutes, 30 minutes total.
- Serve: Once roasted, carefully transfer to a large serving dish. Season with extra salt & ground black pepper, to taste, and top with a generous sprinkling of parmesan. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
- 15-Minute Meal Prep: A little meal prep goes a long way in getting these roasted Brussels sprouts pulled together! Trim the Brussels sprouts & prep the maple mustard roasting sauce up to 1 week in advance, storing separately in airtight containers in the refrigerator. When it’s time to roast the Brussels sprouts, all you have to do is toss everything together on a sheet pan – easy!
- Trim the Brussels sprouts. Refer to the blog post, above, for how to trim Brussels sprouts. Store trimmed Brussels sprouts in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Prep the maple mustard roasting sauce according to Step 2 of Recipe Directions, mixing everything together in a small airtight container or jar rather than a large mixing bowl. Whisk/shake to combine and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Portions: As written, this roasted Brussels sprouts with pancetta recipe yields a small batch, serving a up to 4 generously as a side dish. If you’re serving a larger crowd this year, there are 2 options:
- Scaled up: To serve up to 8 as a side dish, double the recipe. Be sure to roast the Brussels sprouts on 2 baking sheets to ensure that they roast beautifully (they will steam if they’re overcrowded on a single baking sheet).
- Scaled up even more: To serve up to 12 as a side dish, triple the recipe. Be sure to roast the Brussels sprouts on 2 baking sheets to ensure that they roast beautifully (they will steam if they’re overcrowded on a single baking sheet).
Keywords: maple mustard roasted brussels sprouts with pancetta, roasted brussels sprouts recipe, oven-roasted, easy, side dish, Thanksgiving, Friendsgiving, Christmas, Fall, Winter