smoky pineapple mezcal margaritas with vanilla bean are the perfect fun cocktail to celebrate cinco de mayo! the smoke & bite of good mezcal is balanced with the natural sweetness of pineapple juice & vanilla bean.
- 2 oz mezcal
- 3 oz pineapple juice
- 1.5 oz fresh lime juice
- 1 oz triple sec
- vanilla bean ice, for shaking (optional)
for the vanilla bean ice
- 1 vanilla bean, split & seeded
- 2 C water
(optional) make vanilla bean ice
- slice a vanilla bean lengthwise & remove its beans with the back of a knife. place the pod & beans into a jar or glass with 2 C of water & allow the vanilla & water to infuse at room temperature overnight, or at least 6 hours prior to freezing.
- transfer the vanilla water to an ice cube tray & freeze.
make a pineapple mezcal margarita
- combine the mezcal, pineapple juice, lime juice, & triple sec into a cocktail shaker over vanilla bean ice.
- shake vigorously & serve garnished with a wedge or chunk of pineapple.