your hawaiian vacation may be over but your enjoyment of tropical cocktails doesn’t have to be! make a mai tai at home easily with ingredients you already have at home – cheers!
- 1/2 oz white rum
- 1/2 oz amaretto (or other nut liquer)
- 1 oz fresh lime juice (approximately 1 lime, juiced)
- 3 oz pineapple juice
- 1/2 oz lilikoi syrup (diluted 1:1 with water – so 1 oz total)
- 2 oz dark rum
- pineapple, fresh mint & lime for garnish
- in a cocktail shaker, combine white rum, amaretto, lime juice, pineapple juice, & lilikoi syrup over ice.
- shake vigorously for 1 minute.
- strain cocktail into a rocks glass with ice.
- very gently pour the 2 oz float of dark rum.
- garnish with fresh pineapple, fresh mint & lime.
- Serving Size: 1