lavender lemonade rosés taste like summer! pair your favorite rosé (i suggest a provençal dry rosé) with a homemade lavender lemonade. top it off with a splash of sparkling water, & invite over your girlfriends for a summer girls’ night!!
for homemade lavender lemonade
- 2 T dried lavender
- 2 T lemon zest (the zest of 2 lemons)
- 1 C granulated sugar
- pinch sea salt
- 2 C water
- 1 1/4 C fresh squeezed lemon juice (the juice of 5–7 lemons)
for a lavender lemonade rosé cocktail
- 8 oz rosé wine, chilled (provençal rosé recommended)
- 4 oz lavender lemonade
- 2 oz sparkling water
to make the lavender lemonade
- in a small bowl, combine dried lavender, lemon zest, & sugar. using your hands, work the lavender & lemon zest into the sugar for 2 minutes, or so. the warmth of your fingers will release the oils of the lavender & lemon zest into the sugar, giving the sugar the best lavender lemon aroma.
- combine lavender lemon sugar with the water & a pinch of salt in a small saucepan over medium heat. heat, stirring often, until the sugar dissolves completely, 3-4 minutes. remove from heat & let the simple syrup steep for 5 minutes before straining out the lavender & lemon zest.
- combine the strained lavender lemon simple syrup with the lemon juice*, & store refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
to make a cocktail
- in a 16 oz glass, combine rosé, lavender lemonade, & sparkling water over ice. multiply as needed! cheers!
- * as written, the lavender lemonade will be quite strong, as this recipe is intended to be diluted further in the cocktail with rosé & sparkling water. if you wish to enjoy homemade lavender lemonade alone, add in 2 C water into step #3.
- Serving Size: 8