This light & fresh Cucumber Avocado Salad has quickly reached summer staple status here at the PWWB House. It has the best creamy-crunchy texture & its flavor is so fresh & cooling that it’s truly the perfect summer side dish. The fact that it comes together in 10 minutes using 6 simple ingredients is just a bonus!
Simply toss diced cucumber with creamy bits of avocado, finely chopped fresh dill, crumbled feta cheese, then bring it all together in a simple dressing of fresh lemon juice & good-quality extra-virgin olive oil. You can easily adjust this base recipe to your liking (add in bits of meaty Castelvetrano olives or juicy-sweet summer tomatoes) but we honestly love it as-is – it’s the perfect summer side dish.
I truly believe you’ll make this cucumber and avocado salad over & over again to enjoy with your favorite warm weather weeknight dinners or to bring as a dish to share at a backyard BBQ cookout. Be sure to refer to the blog post, above, for serving suggestions & plenty of recipe tips & tricks!
- 2 large avocados, diced into ¼-inch pieces
- 6 mini cucumbers, diced on a bias into ¼-inch pieces (approx. 2 cups)
- ¼ cup loosely packed fresh dill, finely chopped
- 2 ounces feta cheese, finely crumbled
- 2 lemons, juiced (approx. ¼ cup)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt & ground black pepper, to season
- Cucumber avocado salad assembly: Place the cucumber, chopped dill, feta cheese, lemon, & olive oil in a large bowl. Season with ½ teaspoon kosher salt & ground black pepper as desired. Stir to combine well. Working very gently, fold in the avocado, just until combined. Taste & season with additional salt & ground black pepper as desired.
- Serve immediately, garnished with extra dill & lemon zest as desired. This salad is a great potluck dish & it’s also a super easy side for any weeknight dinner – we enjoy it all the time with this simple Grilled Lemon Chicken & our favorite Grilled Greek Chicken Wings.
- Ingredient Notes:
- Best cucumbers for cucumber salad: Whenever I make cucumber salad, I like using Persian cucumbers / mini cucumbers, which have small seeds, thin skins, & dice into bite sized pieces easily. English cucumbers also work beautifully! If you already have garden cucumbers on hand, feel free to use them in this recipe, though you may want to peel & deseed.
- Vegan cucumber avocado salad: To make this recipe vegan, simply omit the feta cheese or use your favorite dairy-free alternative.
- Make-Ahead & Storage: This cucumber avocado salad is best enjoyed immediately upon assembly, before the texture of the cucumber and avocado change much, though leftovers will keep, stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. If making ahead for a party or cookout, prepare the salad as described in Step 1, folding in the avocado immediately before serving.