chocolate chip banana bread bliss balls are an easy & totally wholesome snack! inspired by chocolate chip banana bread, but in the form of a healthy, raw energy bite, these chocolate chip banana bread bliss balls are loaded with dates, cashews, almonds, walnuts, and banana. the perfect little no-bake energy bites to keep on hand as an on-the-go snack during the week or as a healthy little dessert!
- ½ cup pitted medjool dates (5-6 large dates)
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup raw almonds
- ½ cup raw cashews
- ½ cup raw walnut pieces
- 1 small ripe banana, mashed
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- optional: 8 scoops collagen peptides
- Soak the dates: Add the pitted dates to a medium bowl. Cover with 1 cup of warm or hot water. Let the dates sit and soak for a minute or two, until they’re completely softened and pliable. Drain off the water, reserving it for later use, and set aside.
- Make the banana bread bliss bites: Transfer the soaked dates to a food processor. Add in the oats, almonds, and cashews. If you are using collagen peptides add them in at this time too. Pulse the mixture a few times, to break down the large nuts, then let the food processor run for a minute, until the mixture is flour-like. Add in the banana and the walnut pieces, pulsing to combine. The mixture should be slightly wet with larger pieces of walnuts remaining, but will hold once formed into a ball. If you are using mini chocolate chips, stir them in by hand at this time.
- Roll the bliss balls into 2-tablespoon sized balls. I use a small cookie scoop to ensure the bliss balls are uniformly sized. Enjoy immediately, or store in an airtight container or bag in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. I store mine in the freezer – I love them when they’re cold, perfectly delightful with hot coffee!