Tangy, sweet, & rich, this brown sugar bourbon marinade feels majorly fancy but couldn’t be easier to throw together! It is made with pantry ingredients (brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, garlic, mustard, & some dried spices!) & a heavy pour of bourbon – of course!
- 2 pounds meat or veggies of choice
- ½ cup bourbon (see Recipe Notes)
- ⅓ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary (or 1 tablespoon freshly chopped)
- optional: pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- Mix the brown sugar bourbon: Add the bourbon, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, mustard, garlic, Kosher salt, ground black pepper, rosemary, & a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes, if using, to a bowl or jar. Whisk or shake to combine.
- Marinate: Pour the all-purpose marinade over your meat or veggies of choice. Marinate for at least 4 hours or up to 6 hours.
- Grill as desired. Enjoy!
- Bourbon: When it comes to bourbon, there’s no need to be fancy here since we’re mixing it up with other flavor-forward ingredients like balsamic, mustard, & rosemary. We always have a handle of Jim Beam on hand, & it does the trick!
Keywords: brown sugar bourbon marinade, brown sugar bourbon