the perfect bloody mary mix with citrusy notes from lemons & limes, spicy hot sauce, punchy horseradish, & savory worcestershire. keep a jar in your fridge at all times for the possibility of the best bloody marys just a few minutes away!
- 12 C tomato juice (the stuff from the juice aisle at the grocery store is just fine!)
- juice of 4 lemons (about 1 C of fresh lemon juice)
- juice of 8 limes (about 1/2 C of fresh lime juice)
- 1/4 C worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 C hot sauce*
- 1/4 C fresh horseradish*
- 1.5 T celery salt
- 1.5 T kosher salt
- 1 T pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a large pitcher & store in fridge until you’re ready to serve. I’d recommend giving it time (a couple hours at least) to let the flavors meld. I’d also recommend just keeping a jar of bloody mary mix in your fridge at all times. It’ll keep in the fridge, sealed, for 2 weeks.
- *this recipe will give you bloody marys that have a pretty good, but not crazy, level of spice. if you don’t have a taste for spice, cut the hot sauce & horseradish in half. if you love the heat, add a little bit more hot sauce & horseradish, tasting as you go. (you can also throw in some chopped chipotles for some smoky heat…beyond delicious!)
- **to serve, combine bloody mary mix with 2 oz of vodka (or aquavit) & garnish as you please!
- Serving Size: 8