Italian herb asiago cheese no-knead bread, prepped in less than 10 minutes active time & baked to crusty, golden perfection in a dutch oven! made with only 5 pantry ingredients, this homemade Italian herb asiago cheese bread couldn’t be easier to throw together, & is perfect to serve with any of your favorite soups for a totally cozy dinner this winter!
- Make the Italian herb asiago cheese no-knead bread dough: About 12 hours before you’d like to bake your Italian herb Asiago cheese no-knead bread, make the dough. In a large bowl, combine the flour, Italian seasoning, Kosher salt, & active dry yeast. Whisk to combine. Add the Asiago, stirring to combine. Slowly & gradually pour in the lukewarm water, mixing the dough with a wooden spoon until just combined. The dough will look shaggy & will be very sticky at this point – & that’s totally fine! Cover the bowl with a kitchen towel & let rest in a warm, dry place for 12 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees about 30 minutes before you are ready to bake Italian herb Asiago cheese no-knead bread. Make sure one of the oven’s racks is positioned in the middle of the oven, & place an oven-safe dutch oven (at least 4-quart) on the rack, with its lid on, to heat along with the oven while it preheats. Once the oven is preheated, let the dutch oven sit in the hot oven for 20 minutes longer to really make sure it’s up to temperature – I literally set a cook timer for 20 minutes once the oven is preheated.
- Prep the dough: Meanwhile, as the oven preheats, transfer the Italian herb Asiago cheese no-knead bread dough to a large piece of parchment paper. I like to quickly spritz my hands with nonstick cooking spray – it makes it so much easier to handle the dough without it sticking to your hands!
- Bake the Italian herb asiago cheese no-knead bread: Once the dutch oven is up to temperature, very carefully remove it from the oven. Quickly & carefully remove the lid of the dutch oven, place the dough inside (you can just drop the parchment paper right in!), put the lid back on the dutch oven, & place the dutch oven back into the oven. Bake for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, remove the dutch oven from the oven. Remove the lid and spray the top of the Italian herb asiago cheese no-knead bread generously with olive oil spray. Sprinkle some flaky sea salt over top, as desired. Return the dutch oven to the oven & bake, uncovered, for an additional 20 minutes, or until the loaf is crusty & golden brown (see photos above for reference).
- Serve: Carefully remove the bread from the dutch oven – you can just lift the parchment paper right out of the dutch oven. Allow to cool slightly before slicing or tearing the bread. Enjoy!
- Serving: Italian herb asiago cheese no-knead bread is best served when dunked in your favorite cozy bowl of soup! I highly suggest pairing it with this hearty minestrone soup (pictured) or with lightened-up Italian wedding soup. A match made in heaven!
- Dutch oven: A nice Dutch oven is absolutely essential to make this no-knead bread. This is the Dutch oven pictured in this post. I love it. I also own this Dutch oven, which is a little more budget friendly & works great!
- This Italian herb asiago cheese no-knead bread is adapted from my no-knead spicy cheese bread recipe.
- Category: bread
- Method: no-knead, baking
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: italian herb asiago cheese no-knead bread, no-knead bread