everyone loves this vegan southwest pasta salad recipe! it’s perfect to make-ahead for parties & quick dinners. learn how to make my EASY vegan pasta salad!
- 16 ounces whole wheat pasta (see Recipe Notes)
- 16 ounces cherry/grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1 14-ounce can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 2 cups fire-roasted corn (frozen is fine!)
- Kosher salt & ground black pepper, to season
for the creamy vegan southwest dressing:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup roasted, unsalted cashews
- 1 lime, juiced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2–3 chipotle peppers packed in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Boil the pasta: Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Once boiling, generously salt the water. Add in the pasta and cook to al dente, according to package directions. Drain the pasta, rinsing with cold water, and set aside.
- Make the creamy vegan southwest dressing: Add all listed ingredients to a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. Set aside, or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Assemble the vegan southwest pasta salad: Add the halved tomatoes to a large bowl. Season with 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt, tossing to combine. Add in the bell pepper, red onion, cilantro, black beans, corn, and cooked pasta. Pour the creamy vegan southwest dressing over top. Toss to combine, seasoning with additional Kosher salt & ground black pepper as needed.
- Serve & enjoy! You can serve this pasta salad immediately, though we like it best after it has sat for a few hours (the flavors come together even better!). Will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Pasta: Obviously, to make this pasta vegan, use your favorite vegan pasta. I love DeLallo’s whole wheat pastas – they’re totally vegan-friendly. While I prefer a textured short noodle for this vegan southwest pasta salad recipe (it clings to the sauce really nicely!), you can use whatever shape you like best.