Navigate This Post
A PWWB Reader Fave, these Easy Vegan Tacos are Flavorful, Hearty, & Full of Texture!
Ever since we first shared them back in 2019, these vegan Sweet Potato & Cauliflower Tacos have been one of PWWB’s biggest hits. Literally thousands of readers have made & loved them over the years, which makes our hearts happy for a number of reasons, namely 1.) you all clearly share our obsession with tacos, & 2.) this is a vegan recipe that even meat lovers can’t get enough of. 🙌🏼
In my experience, the secret to making irresistible plant-based meals – especially if you’re accustomed to cooking with animal protein – is to focus on building tons of flavor & texture into every component. You see this in action in our Cauliflower Lentil Tacos, Black Bean Tostadas, & Grilled Portobello Mushroom Tacos, & these Roasted Cauliflower & Sweet Potato Tacos seriously nail it too.
Every bite absolutely explodes with layers of flavor & texture: spiced roasted sweet potatoes & cauliflower, hearty black beans, bright smashed avocado, & irresistibly smoky vegan chipotle lime crema, all nestled into a charred tortilla. The combination results in a vegetable taco recipe that’s absolutely killer, not to mention super satisfying, totally good-for-you, & seriously easy to make any night of the week. No wonder it’s one of our most popular recipes ever! 🌮🙌🏼
Sweet Potato & Cauliflower Tacos Recipe Highlights
These roasted veggie tacos are totally obsession-worthy because they are…
LAYERED WITH FLAVOR & TEXTURE. The blend of spiced & crispy veggies, creamy mashed avocado, smooth cashew crema, & charred tortillas makes every bite irresistible. Plant-based perfection! 😋
100% VEGAN. These roasted cauliflower & sweet potato tacos are loved by vegans & meat eaters alike. They’re loaded with satisfying veggies & protein-rich black beans, but the best part just might be the drizzle of creamy chipotle crema (made dairy-free with cashews!). 🤩
WEEKNIGHT FRIENDLY. This sweet potato + cauliflower tacos recipe is sheet pan dinner magic. All you need are 40 minutes from start to finish, even less with a bit of simple meal prep. 🙌🏼
Perfect for Meatless Monday AND Taco Tuesday – what’s not to love?! ♡ Read on to learn more about how to make these Roasted Sweet Potato & Cauliflower Tacos, or jump straight to the recipe & get cooking!
One of the best things about this sweet potato & cauliflower tacos recipe is that it creates tons of flavor using just a few budget-friendly ingredients, most of which are probably already in your kitchen! Flavor-packed dinners def don’t have to be complicated or pricey!
Note: Full ingredients list & measurements provided in the Recipe Card, below.
- Veggies – At the heart of this roasted veggie tacos recipe is a generous amount of fresh cauliflower & sweet potato. Both roast up amazingly in the oven, turning perfectly tender yet crispy around the edges.
- Black beans – We love adding black beans to the mix since they’re a super simple way to build a ton more plant-based protein into this recipe. Canned black beans work great – just be sure to drain & rinse them well!
- Homemade taco seasoning – This simple smoky taco spice blend – a combination of chili powder, ground cumin, smoked paprika, garlic powder, & dried oregano – gives the roasted sweet potato & cauliflower tacos tons of rich flavor, along with a satisfying meaty smokiness to please any non-vegans.
- Chipotle cashew crema – So creamy & totally vegan – no dairy required! A blend of unsalted cashews, chipotle pepper, garlic, lime, chili powder, smoked paprika, & water creates the perfectly drizzly sauce. Trust us, you’ll want a BIG spoonful! Learn More! ⇢ Easy Vegan Cashew Crema.
- Mashed avocado – A simple combo of fresh avocado + lime. The creaminess & brightness of avocado balances the rich, spicy veggies perfectly.
- Tortillas – We love using corn tortillas for these cauliflower & sweet potato tacos, especially because they char up beautifully on the gas stovetop – more on this below!
Shop This Post
Stainless Steel Measuring Cups & SpoonsBuy Now →
Meal Prep Tip!
This roasted sweet potato & cauliflower tacos recipe is already a super quick sheet pan dinner, but a little meal prep can make dinner even easier on a rushed weeknight. Feel free to chop the cauliflower, dice the sweet potatoes, & blend the cashew crema in advance. At dinnertime, it’s as simple as getting everything into the oven – easy! Check out the Recipe Notes, below, for more guidance.
Roast Veggie Tacos Filling
These tacos are filled with roasted sweet potatoes, cauliflower florets, & black beans. So much flavor & texture with really minimal effort – aside from tossing everything together in a homemade taco spice blend, the oven does all the work! 🙌🏼
Full Recipe Directions, including step-by-step photos, are included in the Recipe Card, below.
Season the cauliflower & sweet potatoes. Toss the chopped veggies with the spices & some olive oil in a large mixing bowl, then spread them out on a large sheet pan. Don’t cram the veggies in! Why? ⇢ Giving the veggies room to breathe allows steam to escape as they bake. This helps ensure the cauliflower & sweet potatoes get nice & crispy rather than soggy.
Roast in the oven. Roast the cauliflower & sweet potatoes for about 25 minutes, or until they’re tender through the center & beginning to get crispy around the edges. Roasted veggies tip! ⇢ Be sure to shake the pan halfway through to ensure everything gets evenly charred.
Cook the black beans. Just before the veggies finish roasting, add the drained black beans to the pan & pop it back in the oven. Why? ⇢ Since canned black beans are already fully cooked, the goal is just to warm them through, which takes a couple minutes, tops.
Smoky Chipotle Cashew Crema
The best part of this veggie tacos recipe is easily drenching the tacos in smoky chipotle lime crema, which is completely vegan & dairy-free thanks to cashews!
If you’re new to the world of plant-based cooking, cashews are an awesome solution to creating irresistibly creamy vegan sauces like cashew crema. Nuts feature tons of healthy fats, which are great for making things creamy. When blended with a liquid like water, the rich fats in cashews transform into a beautifully thick, smooth sauce. As a bonus, cashews also have a pretty neutral taste, making them the perfect vehicle for other flavorful ingredients.
Full Recipe Directions, including step-by-step photos, are included in the Recipe Card, below.
Smoky Chipotle Cashew Crema. ⇢ Simply combine unsalted cashews, chipotle pepper, garlic, chili powder, smoked paprika, lime juice, & water in a high-speed blender, blending until the mixture is totally smooth & creamy – easy! A few tips…
- A high-speed blender is a must for a super smooth cashew crema. We love the Zwilling Enfinigy Personal Blender, which is the perfect size for whipping up a small-batch sauce!
- Blend the crema longer than you think you need to. We’re after a totally smooth & creamy sauce, which is achieved after a good 45 seconds – 1 minute of blending. If you notice bits & pieces of cashews in your crema, let the blender go a little longer, until the sauce is totally smooth.
- Adjust to your liking. The measurements included in this recipe yield my ideal consistency – seriously creamy but easy to drizzle over the roasted vegetable tacos. If you prefer a thicker crema, blend in some extra cashews. Or if you prefer a thinner sauce, add a little more water.
- Allergic to cashews? ⇢ No worries! Feel free to prep your crema using dairy-free yogurt (to keep the tacos vegan) or creamy Greek yogurt.
No high-speed blender? No problem! ⇢ If you do not have a high-speed blender, soak the cashews in boiling-hot water for 10-15 minutes, which helps them break down much more easily in a less powerful blender. Learn More! ⇢ Easy Vegan Cashew Crema.
How to Char Corn Tortillas
One of our favorite taco night tricks is taking plain ol’ store-bought tortillas to the next level with a light char over the flame of a gas burner. The edges of the tortilla get a little crispy – a fantastic contrasting texture for the tender roasted veggies & creamy cashew crema – & the littlest bit of char creates an extra layer of smoky flavor for these cauliflower & sweet potato tacos.
Full Recipe Directions, including step-by-step photos, are included in the Recipe Card, below.
Plus, it makes the tortillas pretty picture perfect, & it couldn’t be easier. Here’s what you’ll do…
Pop a tortilla directly over the open flame of a gas burner. Once you see a little smoke coming off the edges, carefully rotate it with tongs. While you can toast up flour tortillas using this method, I suggest opting for corn tortillas.
Continue until both sides are evenly charred, but be careful not to overdo it. Too much cooking will completely dry the tortillas out. All you need is a little color!
Repeat with more tortillas, until you have enough for your taco feast. To keep your charred tortillas pliable & warm for taco assembly, pop them into a handy tortilla warmer until you’re ready to serve. If you do not have a tortilla warmer, try wrapping the tortillas with a damp paper towel. When you’re ready for taco assembly, simply pop them in the microwave for 30-40 seconds. The moisture in the paper towel steams the tortillas so they stay nice & pliable.
No gas burner? No problem! ⇢ Many PWWB readers have replicated this charred effect by toasting their tortillas on a griddle or a hot heavy-bottomed pan, such as a large skillet. Follow the same process laid out above, toasting until your tortillas have as much char as you like – easy!
Taco Assembly + More Easy Topping Ideas
One of the best parts about making tacos is assembling them – it’s when all of the flavorful components come together to create a bit of magic. ✨ Try to assemble only as many tacos you know you’ll eat – leftovers keep very well, but ideally need to be stored separately.
Assembling the ideal roasted veggie taco. ⇢ Grab a charred corn tortilla (don’t forget to reheat them so the tacos aren’t too dry – see above!), then smear it with mashed avocado (I.e. a little avocado with some lime juice). Next, pile on a big hearty spoonful of smoky black bean & roasted veggie taco filling. All that’s left to do? Finish it off with a generous drizzling of chipotle cashew crema (trust us, you’ll want a big spoonful here!).
More Easy Taco Topping Ideas
Of course, a few extra toppings never hurt on taco night! 🥰 If you feel like finishing your roasted veggie tacos off with a little something extra, try…
- Finely chopped cilantro for a little extra freshness or an extra squeeze of lime juice for a little brightness
- Pickled red onions for bright acidity, plus the most gorgeous bright pink pop of color.
- Our favorite simple Everyday Slaw provides tons of texture & flavor from cabbage, peppers, & freesh herbs. Plus, it’s made with minimal mayo (or fabanaise, if made vegan) – easy!
We can’t wait for you to try these Sweet Potato & Cauliflower Tacos! We love how much you love this vegetable taco recipe and it’s safe to say it’s here to stay for many more Taco Tuesdays to come. 🌮
If you do give it a try, be sure to let us know! Leave a comment with a star rating below. You can also snap a photo & tag @playswellwithbutter on Instagram. We LOVE seeing your PWWB creations! ♡ Happy cooking!
More Recipes Like This:
Easy Vegan Dinner Recipes
Roasted Sweet Potato & Cauliflower Tacos with Chipotle Cashew Crema
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: serves 4
- Category: Tacos, Burritos & Enchiladas Recipes
- Method: Roasted, Sheet Pan
- Cuisine: Mexican & Tex-Mex, American
- Diet: Vegan
Ever since publishing this recipe in 2019, this Roasted Sweet Potato & Cauliflower Tacos recipe has earned its spot in over thousands of PWWB readers’ regular dinner rotation. Whether you’re a longtime vegan, new to a plant-based lifestyle, or you’re simply a meat eater looking to add a few more veggie-forward recipes into your meal plan, you’re in for such a treat!
What makes this recipe so special is how its components come together to create layers of flavor & texture that make for a particularly satisfying meal: spiced roasted veggies, hearty black beans, irresistibly creamy dairy-free crema, & smoky charred tortillas.
A few tips to keep in mind along the way…
- Roast the veggies on a large sheet pan. Giving the individual pieces a little breathing room allows steam to escape as they cook, resulting in perfectly tender-yet-crisp texture.
- For best results, blend the cashew crema in a high-speed blender until it’s totally smooth & creamy, which takes a good 45 seconds – 1 minute. Our preferred blender is linked below.
- Don’t skip charring your tortillas! All the how’s & why’s are detailed in the blog post, above, along an alternate method if you don’t have a gas stovetop.
As one of PWWB’s first ever recipes to “go viral,” this roasted veggie tacos recipe holds an extra special place in my taco-loving heart. I hope you love it just as much as we do. ♡
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into bite-sized florets (approx. 1 ½ pounds or 6 heaping cups florets)
- 1 large sweet potato, diced into ½-inch cubes (approx. 1 pound or 3 heaping cups diced)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- one 14-ounce can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 lime, juiced
- kosher salt & ground black pepper, to season
- for serving, as desired: charred corn tortillas, mashed avocado (1 medium avocado + juice of 1 lime) or guacamole, vegan sour cream cashew crema (below), pickled red onions, chopped fresh cilantro, cotija cheese or vegan cheese of choice, salsa of choice, lime wedges, etc.
for the chipotle cashew crema:
- ⅓ – ½ cup roasted unsalted cashews (see Recipe Notes)
- 1 chipotle pepper &/or 2 teaspoons adobo sauce (from a can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce)
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup water
- 1 lime, juiced
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F, ensuring a rack is positioned in the center of the oven. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or foil for easy clean-up as desired. Gather & prep all ingredients according to Ingredients List, above (e.g. break down the cauliflower, dice the sweet potato, measure the spices, etc.).
- Season the cauliflower & sweet potatoes: Place the cauliflower florets & sweet potato in a large bowl or on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle the olive oil over top, then season with the chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, garlic powder, dried oregano, 1 teaspoon kosher salt & ground black pepper as desired. Toss to combine well, then arrange in a uniform layer on the baking sheet, giving the individual veggies plenty of breathing room to roast up nicely.
- Roast the cauliflower & sweet potatoes: Transfer the sheet pan to the preheated oven. Roast 30 minutes, giving the pan a good shake halfway through to promote even browning, or until the veggies are tender throughout & crispy at the edges. In the last 5 minutes of roasting, place the drained black beans on the sheet pan, allowing them to warm up as the veggies finish cooking. Remove from the oven. Squeeze the lime juice over the surface of the sheet pan & set aside.
- Prepare the cashew crema & other taco fixings: Meanwhile, as the veggies roast, prepare the cashew crema. Combine all listed ingredients in a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth & creamy, about 1 minute, stopping to scrape down the sides of the blender canister as needed. Transfer to a bowl & set aside, or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. (At my house, we like to enjoy these tacos with a simple smashed avocado (avocado + lime + salt) & charred tortillas (more notes on this in the Recipe Notes, below) – this is a great time to prepare both of these components as well.)
- Assemble & serve: Pile the roasted veggies & black beans into a tortilla, with smashed avocado & a good drizzle of cashew crema as desired. Finish with any other toppings of choice – cashew crema, chopped cilantro, lime juice, salsa – whatever your taco-lovin’ heart desires. Enjoy!
- Ingredient Notes:
- Cashews: If you cannot find roasted, unsalted cashews, feel free to use raw cashews for your cashew crema. The consistency of your cashew crema will depend on how much juice your lime yields, so feel free to adjust as needed to reach your desired consistency (i.e. blend in more cashews for a thicker sauce, stir in a little more water for a thinner sauce). If you do not have a high-speed blender, you may want to soak your cashews for 10-15 minutes in boiling-hot water, which helps them break down much more easily in a less powerful blender. More tips & tricks! ⇢ Easy Vegan Cashew Crema.
- Charred corn tortillas: To char corn tortillas on the stovetop, pop a tortilla directly over open flame on a gas burner. Once you see a little smoke coming off the tortilla, then continue to rotate it until it’s lightly charred. Continue until both sides of the tortillas are evenly charred. It’s very important not to over-do it as this will completely dry the tortillas out – just aim for a little color! Once it’s as charred as desired, transfer to a tortilla warmer or wrap it in a damp paper towel to prevent it from drying out until you’re ready to serve.
- Storage & Reheating: Leftover roasted sweet potatoes & cauliflower will keep, stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator, for 3-5 days. Reheat leftovers in the microwave until warmed through, or under the broiler for 3-4 minutes if you like a little extra crispy-char. Leftover chipotle cashew crema will keep, stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator, for up to 1 week. Enjoy leftovers with more roasted veggie tacos, or use it as an all-purpose sauce for any other meals or salads.
- 15-Minute Meal Prep: One of our favorite things about this roasted cauliflower sweet potato tacos recipe is how easy it is to throw together – especially if you’ve done a little bit of meal prep ahead of time. By chopping the veggies in advance, you can jump right into cooking during the week – easy! Here’s what you’ll do…
- Roasted veggie prep: Chop the cauliflower & dice sweet potato according to the Ingredients List, above. Transfer to an airtight container & store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. (10 minutes active prep)
- Prepare the chipotle cashew crema according to Step 4 of Recipe Directions, above. Transfer to an airtight container & store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. (5 minutes active prep)
Keywords: roasted cauliflower tacos, roasted sweet potato tacos, vegetarian tacos recipe, vegan tacos recipe, plant-based taco recipe
Recipe & Photography by Jess Larson, Plays Well With Butter | Step-by-Step Photography by KJ & Company, Kate Poskochil
Follow along with Plays Well With Butter on Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, & Pinterest for more easy, modern recipes & fun!
I’ve been making these ever since I discovered this recipe a couple of years ago. I’m not vegan by any means, but you don’t need to be to enjoy these beautiful tacos. They are absolutely fantastic. I cheat a bit and buy guacamole from the grocery store. I also add two peppers plus a bit of the adobo sauce for that extra kick. This is one of my favorite things to eat; I don’t think I will ever get sick of these mouthwatering tacos.
Our favorite vegan recipes are the ones that vegans and non-vegans alike can enjoy!! So happy to hear you feel the same way about this recipe! Thanks for your review, Darya!
Delicious! Excellent vegan tacos. I used only 1.5 teaspoons of sauce and it was spicy enough for the cashew cream. My company loved them too and will make these for her family!
Thanks so much for the kind review, Marita!! We love hearing that the tacos were a crowd-pleaser!!
Oh my goodness I just made these and just finished having them for dinner. I never do reviews but had to on these. So good! So much Flavor! I did have to end up putting a little more water in the Crema it was a bit too thick for me but wow so good!
Hi Theresa, we so appreciate your review!! We’re so happy you loved these tacos!! 🙂
These were excellent! So good!
Hi Carole, thanks so much!!! 🙂
WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND!! These were such delicious tacos! We don’t try to be dairy free, so we also topped with shredded mozzarella, which is really good. Whether or not you’re looking to eat vegan, you should definitely give these tacos a try. Such good flavors!
Hi Leah! We are so glad you & your family enjoyed these tacos & so appreciate you leaving a comment – it means so much!
These were insanely good! So much flavor. The sauce was delicious and had a good kick to it. I used garbanzo beans/chick peas for the sauce instead of cashews (read another user’s review before making) and she was right- it was delicious ! I made fresh pico for topping and combined with that delicious sauce you don’t even need to top these tacos with anything else because YUM. Taste like street tacos 🤤 will be making these frequently from now on!
Hi Heather, thank you so much for the amazing review!! We’re so happy to hear you loved the recipe, and that the tacos will be part of your regular rotation!! 🙂
This is excellent. So full of goodness. Great flavor. I will make this again and again.
Hey Karen, so happy to hear you loved the tacos!! Thank you for the kind review! 🙂
This recipe is amazing! I’ve made it several times since discovering it a couple of years ago, & my whole family, including my 2 kids (7 & 14), love it. It’s good with both corn and flour tortillas (kids prefer flour). When I don’t have cashews for the crema, I substitute canned chickpeas. The flavors are the same and the texture is very similar, just use a little less water. Thank you for this recipe – it’s a favorite in this house!
Hi Barb! So glad this is a meal that the whole family enjoys – thank you so much for leaving a comment, it truly means so much!!
Wow oh wow! That cashew crema is out of this world good!
Thank you, Mikayla! We definitely agree, if you are able – don’t skip on the crema!! You’ll want to put it on everything! 🙂
Just tried your recipe and everyone LOVED it! Thank you so much! 💓
We’re so glad it was a hit, Nicky! Thanks so much for leaving a comment – it means so much!
Made these for supper tonight! Sooooooo good thank you for a delicious and healthy recipe!!!
Hi Muriel! Thanks so much for dropping a comment – we are SO glad you loved these tacos!
LOVED these! I’m trying to eat less meat as part of watching my cholesterol, and really appreciate vegetarian recipes like this that don’t feel like a compromise.
Full disclosure: we didn’t have the stuff for the crema on hand so we topped our tacos with cilantro and guacamole. Will definitely try the crema next time.
Hi Ashley! So glad you enjoyed 🙂 Definitely give the crema a try next time, it’s one of our favorite parts of these tacos & if you are looking for more Vegetarian recipe ideas be sure to check out our Vegetarian category page here!
Made these tonight and they were AMAZING!! My entire non-vegan clan absolutely loved them. So much texture and fabulous flavour. The cream has just the perfect balance of heat and spice. Definitely becoming part of our regular rotation.
Double the recipe and luckily have some leftovers. Thinking this is going to be amazing over eggs for my brekky tomorrow.
Thanks for sharing this gem!
Hi Brenda! We are so glad to hear that everyone loved it & that this recipe can become a new “back pocket” recipe for you! Love the idea of making the leftovers into a savory breakfast – that sounds delicious!!
Made these with my partner after seeing them on Instagram. They were SO, SO good. The sheet pan veggies were easy, and the chipotle crema was spicy and delicious (definitely don’t use the whole pepper if you don’t like heat!). We’ll definitely make again – would be great for hosting friends!
Hi Christina! So glad you found the recipe on IG & were able to try 🙂 We totally agree – since it is a sheet pan recipe it would work great for easy entertaining. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment – it means so much!!
Amount of commercials in this page is so huge. It’s hard to read the recepe!
Hi Gabby! Our ads help us to continue to share completely free content with our readers – you can always select the “Jump to Recipe” button & “Print Recipe” if you’d like to view a printable version of the recipe alone. Hope that helps!
This was a fantastic recipe!! I’m semi-vegan but am trying to cook more vegan food. I’m so glad I found this recipe. The chipotle cashew crema was absolutely amazing!!! I couldn’t believe how quick and easy it was to make and oh so tasty! I think it made all the difference! I didn’t add avocados, but even without them, the tacos were absolutely delish!
Thanks so much, Anuja! We’re so glad you loved them!! If interested, be sure to check out our other plant-based recipes HERE!
I have had a hard time finding a vegetarian taco recipe that has blown me away and this one finally did the trick! Exploding with so many different flavors – this is my go to from now on. Thanks for the recipe!
Hi Laura! We’re so glad you were able to find this recipe & that it was a hit! Be sure to check out our Crispy Black Bean TacosCrispy Black Bean Tacos next – they are another completely vegetarian fave!!
Yessss! My wife said these were the best tacos she’s had in years. Thank you!
So glad to hear it, Sara! Thank you so much for leaving a comment!
These were delicious!! My husband is plant based and I’m on ww so this was a win for both of us. I was looking for something to make for cinco de mayo and so glad I found this recipe. We will definitely be making again. We used hard taco stand and stuff instead of tortilla bc we had them all ready.
Hi Susan! So glad you both enjoyed – if you are looking for more plant-based meals to share together check out all of our vegan/vegetarian recipes HERE! & thank you again for sharing your comment!
These are SO good!
So glad you loved them, Michelle! Thanks so much for dropping a comment!
The cashew crema is where these tacos shine! A new favorite! Thank you
Thanks so much! We couldn’t agree more – check out our other cashew cream varieties HERECashew Crema (Easy Vegan Crema Recipe)!
Fantastic recipe, love the tacos. Now just teach your husband about where protein comes from, lol.
Yum, Yum, Yum, Yum! My sister shared this recipe with me and I made it for the first time last night. My husband and I are always open to new dishes, but were a little apprehensive because we hadn’t had a vegan dish before. This was amazingly flavorful and we definitely didn’t feel like it was missing anything w/o meat. And that sauce? I could drink it! That sauce was easy, but incredible. All in all it was easy to make, although I made a giant tornado mess of my kitchen which isn’t unusual when making a recipe for the first time lol. I will definitely make this again, and has encouraged us to be open to more vegetarian/vegan dishes. Now to scour your website for more yummy recipes to make. =)
Hey Ashley! I’m so excited to hear that both you & your husband enjoyed these tacos! They’re a total fan-favorite here on PWWB. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review!
I stumbled on this recipe because I had sweet potatoes & cauliflower that needed to be used up.
This dish turned out so incredibly delicious that I felt compelled to reach out and express my gratitude. My husband (who usually wants to put shredded cheese on just about everything I make) said it was “perfect” as served–amazing! The flavors are so rich and satisfying, everything was spot on delicious.
I have NEVER left a review for a recipe before but after this dinner….well, I just had to send a comment.
It inspires me to try cooking more and I will definitely be trying out your other dishes!
Hi Kate! So so glad you & your husband enjoyed! Love that you said it inspires you to try cooking more 💜, trying new recipes & sharing them with loved one is what it is alll about! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, it means so much!
Absolutely delicious! Just the right amount of spice and tangy combination. The whole family loved them, even the ones who begged me to add chicken or something more ‘filling’! I took a picture to share but don’t see anywhere to post. Overall they were a winner in our house! (Yet worth mentioning that the prep time is much longer than 10min).
Thank you, Renée! It’s so fun to hear that everyone loved it & you didn’t even have to add chicken! Thank you for the note on meal prep – it can take a bit longer at times but typically gets quicker after you’ve made it once. Thanks again for leaving a comment, it means so much!
Obsessed with this, especially the chipotle sauce! Limes are hard to buy here so we use lemons and it’s still amazing. Thanks for sharing such a delicious recipe, we make these tacos all the time 🙂
Thanks so much, Mereana! So glad to hear that the chipotle cashew crema worked with lemons too & that the recipe can be a weeknight go-to!
OMG! I loved this dish so much! Didn’t have as tacos but for a weeknight prep the roasted sweet potatoes and cauliflower couldn’t have been easier! Love when I have (almost) all the ingredients on hand and it’s just a matter of a simple oven roast. No garlic powder but of course fresh minced garlic was no problem! And walnuts for the crema a no-brainer substitute. I just served up the veggies in a pasta bowl with a fried egg on top with the crema, cilantro, and scallions to garnish! A real keeper and perfect for a light dinner on a day when I’d had a big lunch.
Sean, we’re so happy to hear that you loved these tacos! Thank you for your comments, it sounds like it turned out perfect & we are glad it came together so easily for you – that’s exactly the goal!
This looks amazing! I am allergic to most nuts so do you have any suggestions for what I can sub for cashews? Lime Crema sounds amazing!
Hi Jill! Thanks so much! If you are ok with dairy you could use about 1 cup to 1 1/2 cups of Greek yogurt (or your favorite non-dairy yogurt alternative) mixed with the chipotle lime cashew crema ingredients to create a nut-free crema. The only thing you’d need to blend beforehand would be the chipotle pepper prior to mixing it into the yogurt. Hope you give it a try soon!
This was excellent! The only change next time will be to use slightly less water to make the crème a tad bit thicker.
These were amazing. Our new favorite veggie tacos! The chipotle lime cashew crema is amazing! The only modification that I made was to reduce the water by 1/4 cup to make it thicker. Terrific. Thank you!
Hi Michele! Thrilled to hear you loved the recipe & the cashew crema! Thank you so much for leaving a comment, it means so much!
Amazing! These are worth the prep! Sauce is delicious. Somewhat spicy but I love it. Very filling. I think this serves more like 6 servings
So glad to hear you enjoyed your tacos, Sarah! Serving sizes of course vary based on the size of your cauliflower & sweet potatoes, but hopefully that means you have some delicious leftovers for the week. ☺️ Enjoy!
These are seriously delish!!! One of my favorite new meals. Non vegan hubs likes them too!
Hi Nikki! We love that you & your hubby enjoyed – this recipe is loved by so many & such an easy plant-based meal!