What is the PWWB Recipe Challenge?
Our mission here at Plays Well With Butter is to help home chefs cook flavor-filled weeknight meals that deliver maximum flavor with minimal effort. This year we’re picking a new recipe to cook as a community each month, the PWWB Recipe Challenge!
These challenges are designed to introduce you to new PWWB recipes, empower you to tackle new skills & techniques in your own kitchen, & to share in the love of flavorful home cooking together. Plus, there’s a chance to win an awesome prize just by joining in on the fun!
Find all of the details for this month’s challenge below. Let’s get cooking! ♡
October 2021 Recipe of the Month:
Any PWWB Pasta Recipe!
This month, we invite you to try any of our PWWB Pasta Recipes! If you’ve been around PWWB for awhile, you know that pasta is my love language. Pasta dishes are some of my absolute favorite recipes to develop & eat. The best part is I know the PWWB community loves pasta just as much as I do! & as the weather cools there’s no better time to whip up a warm, comforting bowl of pasta. We can’t wait to see which recipe you choose!
Need some inspiration? We’ve got you covered!
Here’s just a few of our favorite pasta dishes to get you started…
- For a fun kitchen project try my How to Make Homemade Pasta (Fresh Pasta Recipe!
- My BEST-EVER Bolognese Sauce – a tried & true PWWB reader favorite!
- Another Italian classic…this Marsala Pasta with Spicy Italian Sausage & Mushrooms
- Or try one of these quick & easy weeknight pastas…Lemony Basil Creamy Vegan Pasta, Spicy Italian Sausage and Peppers Pasta, or our Seared Scallop Pesto Pasta.
There’s something for everyone & we are thrilled to see what you cook up!
How to Enter, Challenge Prize, & Important Dates:
How to Enter – it’s as easy as 1-2-3!
- STEP 1: Get cooking! Make any PWWB Pasta Recipe at some point this month, & be sure to snap a photo of your creation!
- STEP 2: Submit your photo. Use this form to submit your photo to the PWWB team. Be sure to follow all of the steps outlined within the form. Repeat with a different pasta recipe as many times as you’d like. Each recipe submission = 1 entry! Entries accepted through Saturday, October 30th 11:59 pm CST.
- STEP 3: Leave a review. Head over to your chosen recipe’s blog post, scroll to the bottom, & leave a comment with a star rating – we can’t wait to hear how it goes!
- BONUS ENTRY: We LOVE to see your Recipe Challenge Creations on social media! Share a pic, tagging @playswellwithbutter #pwwbrecipechallenge for one bonus entry.
Remember! You can enter as many times as you’d like, by making a different recipe & following Steps 1-3 (above) for each entry. Entries accepted Monday, October 1st – Saturday, October 30th. Giveaway open to continental US residents.
October Recipe Challenge Prize
Follow the steps above & you will automatically be entered in the PWWB Recipe Challenge. 1 winner, chosen at random, will receive a $250 Williams Sonoma Gift Card. The challenge ends on Saturday, October 30th at 11:59 PM (CST). The winner will be announced in the November Challenge blog post published at the beginning of November 2021.
- Monday, October 4th – The first day that the October Recipe Challenge submissions are accepted.
- Saturday, October 30th – The last day to submit an entry.
- Monday, November 1st – The winner will be randomly selected, contacted via email, & announced HERE on Monday, November 1st. You will also be able to see a preview of our November Recipe Challenge!
So what do you think? Are you up for the challenge?
We can’t wait to see your PWWB Pasta creations! Leave any comments & questions you may have about our PWWB Recipe Challenge below.
September 2021 Recap – Soy-Glazed Ginger Turkey Meatballs
Last month we invited you to try our Soy-Glazed Ginger Turkey Meatballs! You rocked it! We were SO impressed with your gorgeous creations & were thrilled to hear that you love this weeknight recipe as much as we do!
Check out what our community had to say about this recipe, we were SO impressed! Thank you for participating & we can’t wait to see your October Recipe Challenge creations!
This was delicious – will definitely be added to our regular rotation. Very easy and weeknight-friendly!– Michelle
Such a fun (and delicious) weeknight dinner. We paired rice with chopped zucchini and mixed it all up in the leftover glaze to use every.last.drop. Definitely one to print and keep!– Kelsey
Made this tonight with some broccoli and green beans. It was amazing. Whole family loves it.– Lauren
Last but certainly not least, our Challenge Winner for September is Katie D. and they have been notified via email. Congratulations, Katie!
Want to test your skills? Check out our past Challenge recipes here!
- Damn Good Lentil Soup – January 2021 (winner Connie A.)
- Herb Butter Basted Cast Iron Steak & Creamy Porcini Mushroom Risotto – February 2021 (winner Tanner S.)
- Spicy Italian Sausage & Peppers Pasta – March 2021 (winner Rachel C.)
- Easy Hummus Bowls with Chicken (or Veggie!) Shawarma – April 2021 (winner Jan V.)
- Perfectly Pan Seared Scallops – May 2021 (winner Ashley K.)
- PWWB Grilling Challenge – June 2021 (winner, Ellen M.)
- Grilled Bruschetta Chicken – July 2021 (winner Lauren H.)
- The BEST Grilled Peach Burrata Salad – August 2021 (winner Joelle A-R.)
- Soy-Glazed Ginger Turkey Meatballs – September 2021 (winner Katie D.)