What is the PWWB Recipe Challenge?
Our mission here at Plays Well With Butter is to help home chefs cook flavor-filled weeknight meals that deliver maximum flavor with minimal effort. This year we’re picking a new recipe to cook as a community each month, the PWWB Recipe Challenge!
These challenges are designed to introduce you to new PWWB recipes, empower you to tackle new skills & techniques in your own kitchen, & to share in the love of flavorful home cooking together. Plus, there’s a chance to win an awesome prize just by joining in on the fun!
Find all of the details for this month’s challenge below. Let’s get cooking! ♡
September 2021 Recipe of the Month:
Soy-Glazed Ginger Turkey Meatballs
This month, we invite you to try our Soy-Glazed Ginger Turkey Meatballs recipe! This recipe is packed with flavor & perfect for weeknight cooking. It’s an easy & healthy dinner that comes together in 35 minutes or less. You’re going to love it!
What makes this Ginger Meatballs recipe so special? It’s…
- CONVENIENT. Everything you need to make these meatballs can be found at ALDI – the ground turkey, fresh ginger, panko breadcrumbs, beautiful cage-free eggs…everything! ALDI is my long time go-to for high-quality protein, fresh produce, & easy weeknight dinner grocery shopping!
- WEEKNIGHT-FRIENDLY. Quick to make & even quicker to clean up! It’s a one-bowl, one-skillet operation that takes less than 35 minutes from start to finish. That’s weeknight dinner magic!
- SERIOUSLY FLAVORFUL. No bland turkey here! These meatballs are packed with flavor thanks to simple aromatics like ginger, garlic, scallions, & the most perfect salty-sweet brown sugar glaze. It’s sure to become a new weeknight staple!
How to Enter, Challenge Prize, & Important Dates:
How to Enter – it’s as easy as 1-2-3!
- STEP 1: Make the recipe. Head to ALDI to grab everything you need, then prep your own Ginger Turkey Meatballs during the month of September (between the dates of Tuesday, September 7th – Wednesday, September 29th). Be sure to snap a photo of your creation!
- STEP 2: Submit your photo. Use this form to submit your photo to the PWWB team. Be sure to follow all of the steps outlined within the form. Limit of one entry per person. Entries will be accepted until Wednesday, September 29th, 2021 at 11:59pm CST.
- STEP 3: Leave a review. Head over to the Soy-Glazed Ginger Turkey Meatballs blog post, scroll to the bottom, & leave a comment with a star rating – we can’t wait to hear how it goes!
- BONUS ENTRY: We’d LOVE to see your Recipe Challenge Creations on social media! Share a pic, tagging @playswellwithbutter #pwwbrecipechallenge for one bonus entry.
September Recipe Challenge Prize
Follow the steps above & you will automatically be entered in the PWWB Recipe Challenge. 1 winner, chosen at random, will receive a $250 ALDI Gift Card. The challenge ends on Wednesday, September 29th at 11:59 PM (CST). The winner will be announced in the October Challenge blog post published at the beginning of October 2021.
- Tuesday, September 7th – The recipe goes live & it’s the first day that September Recipe Challenge submissions are accepted.
- Wednesday, September 29th – The last day to submit an entry.
- Friday, October 1st – The winner will be randomly selected, contacted via email, & announced HERE on Friday, October 1st. You will also be able to see a preview of our October Recipe Challenge!
So what do you think? Are you up for the challenge?
We can’t wait to see your Soy-Glazed Ginger Turkey Meatball creations! Leave any comments & questions you may have about our PWWB Recipe Challenge below.
August 2021 Recap – The BEST Grilled Peach Burrata Salad
Last month we invited you to try our Grilled Peach Burrata Salad! You rocked it! We were SO impressed with your gorgeous creations & we are so happy you love this recipe as much as we do!
Check out what our community had to say about this recipe, we were SO impressed! Thank you for participating & we can’t wait to see your September Recipe Challenge creations!
Oh my god. Made this as a side for grilled pork chops for dinner tonight and WOW. It was delicious! I even found peach white vinegar at my grocery store and that took it to the next level. Delish!!– Alyssa
SO GOOD! This is a perfect summer recipe. We turned ours into a salad with some arugula and extra prosciutto. I already can’t wait to make it again!– Megan
Yum yum yum. So good and so easy. An impressive summer dish that makes you feel like you’re at a restaurant with about 5 minutes of effort. Perfection!This recipe is amazing! It will definitely be in our new rotation. I wish I had made more!– Rachel C.
Last but certainly not least, our Challenge Winner for August is Joelle A-R. and they have been notified via email. Congratulations, Joelle!
Want to test your skills? Check out our past Challenge recipes here!
- Damn Good Lentil Soup – January 2021 (winner Connie A.)
- Herb Butter Basted Cast Iron Steak & Creamy Porcini Mushroom Risotto – February 2021 (winner Tanner S.)
- Spicy Italian Sausage & Peppers Pasta – March 2021 (winner Rachel C.)
- Easy Hummus Bowls with Chicken (or Veggie!) Shawarma – April 2021 (winner Jan V.)
- Perfectly Pan Seared Scallops – May 2021 (winner Ashley K.)
- PWWB Grilling Challenge – June 2021 (winner, Ellen M.)
- Grilled Bruschetta Chicken – July 2021 (winner Lauren H.)
- The BEST Grilled Peach Burrata Salad – August 2021 (winner Joelle A-R.)