Life is too short for bad food, which is exactly why we created the PWWB Monthly Recipe Challenge! Seeing all of your PWWB creations is such a joy…we are so excited to continue the fun with our May Recipe Challenge! Read on to learn about this month’s featured cooking challenge (& what the epic prize is too!).
What is the PWWB Recipe Challenge?
Our mission here at Plays Well With Butter is to help home chefs cook flavor-filled weeknight meals that deliver maximum flavor with minimal effort. This year we’re picking a new recipe to cook as a community each month, the PWWB Recipe Challenge! These challenges are designed to introduce you to new PWWB recipes, empower you to tackle new skills & techniques in your kitchens, & to share in the love of flavorful home cooking together. Plus, there’s a chance to win an awesome prize just by joining in on the fun!
Find all of the details for this month’s challenge below. Let’s get cooking! ♡
May 2021 Recipe of the Month – Perfectly Pan Seared Scallops
This month, we invite you to try our Pan Seared Scallops! This recipe is simple, quick, impressive, & super versatile. If you’ve never tried making scallops on your own – now is the time to learn how to make this restaurant-quality dish at home!
What makes these Pan Seared Scallops so special? They’re…
- INCREDIBLY SIMPLE. To make these scallops you’ll only need 3 ingredients & a trusted skillet. They come together so much easier than you’d think & our step-by-step directions will teach you how to cook them perfectly every single time!
- SERIOUSLY QUICK. You can make a whole batch of scallops in less than 10 minutes! Pan seared scallops make the perfect option for a healthy weeknight dinner, in a snap, or as a go-to for easy entertaining.
- DELICIOUSLY VERSATILE. While great on their own you can also serve these scallops as the featured protein in so many different kinds of dishes! Think: pastas, alongside veggies, with a yummy dipping sauce, & so much more!
How to Enter, Challenge Prize, & Important Dates:
How to Enter – it’s as easy as 1-2-3!
- STEP 1: Make the recipe. Make your own Pan Seared Scallops at some point during the month of May & snap a photo of your creation!
- STEP 2: Submit your photo. Use this form to submit your photo to the PWWB team. Be sure to follow all of the steps outlined within the form. Limit of one entry per person. Entries will be accepted until Sunday, May 30th at 11:59pm CST.
- STEP 3: Leave a review. Head over to the How to Sear Scallops recipe post, scroll to the bottom, & leave a comment with a star rating – we can’t wait to hear how it goes!
- BONUS ENTRY: We’d LOVE to see your Recipe Challenge Creations on social media! Share a pic, tagging @playswellwithbutter #pwwbcookingchallenge for one bonus entry.
May Recipe Challenge Prize
Follow the steps above & you will be automatically entered in the PWWB Cooking Challenge. 1 winner, chosen at random, will receive a $250 Williams Sonoma Gift Card. The challenge ends on Sunday, May 30, 2021 at 11:59 PM (CST). The winner is selected at random & will be announced in the June Challenge blog post published at the beginning of June 2021.
- Monday, May 3rd – The first day submissions are accepted & the day the recipe goes live!
- Sunday, May 30th – The last day to submit your entry!
- Tuesday, June 2nd – The winner will be randomly selected and announced HERE when our June Recipe Challenge goes live!
So what do you think? Are you up for the challenge?
We can’t wait to see your Seared Scallop creations! Leave any comments & questions you may have about our PWWB Recipe Challenge below.
April 2021 Recap – Hummus Bowls with Chicken (or Veggie!) Shawarma
Last month we invited you to try our Easy Hummus Bowls with Chicken (or Veggie!) Shawarma. You rocked it! We are SO impressed with your gorgeous creations & we are so happy you love this recipe as much as we do!
Check out what our community had to say about this recipe & some of the amazing entries below, we were SO impressed! Thank you for participating & we can’t wait to see your May Recipe Challenge creations!
Made these for the first time for weeknight dinner and will ABSOLUTELY add them into the regular rotation. Paired with some warm pita bread, these taste as good or better than what I could find in a restaurant!– Katie L.
This recipe is SO flavorful and so easy to make! I’ve made both the chicken and veggie versions, and both turned out great!-Natasha T.
This has been a staple for a few years. Love the tahini sauce from the veggie bowls. we do a mix of both recipes in our home. I LOVE this meal.– Lauren H.
Last but certainly not least, our Challenge winner for April is Jan V. and they have been notified via email. Congratulations, Jan!
Want to test your skills? Check out our past Challenge recipes here!
- Damn Good Lentil Soup – January 2021 (winner Connie A.)
- Herb Butter Basted Cast Iron Steak & Creamy Porcini Mushroom Risotto – February 2021 (winner Tanner S.)
- Spicy Italian Sausage & Peppers Pasta – March 2021 (winner Rachel C.)
- Easy Hummus Bowls with Chicken (or Veggie!) Shawarma – April 2021 (winner Jan V.)