Life is too short for bad food, which is exactly why we created the PWWB Monthly Recipe Challenge! Seeing all of your PWWB creations is such a joy! We are so excited to continue the fun with our April Recipe Challenge. Read on to learn about the April Recipe Challenge (& what the epic prize is!).
What is the PWWB Recipe Challenge?
Our mission here at Plays Well With Butter is to help home chefs cook flavor-filled weeknight meals that deliver maximum flavor with minimal effort. This year we’re picking a new recipe to cook as a community each month, the PWWB Recipe Challenge! These challenges are designed to introduce you to new PWWB recipes, empower you to tackle new skills & techniques in your kitchens, & to share in the love of flavorful home cooking together. Plus, there’s a chance to win an awesome prize just by joining in on the fun!
Find all of the details for this month’s challenge below. Let’s get cooking! ♡
April 2021 Recipe of the Month – Hummus Bowls with Chicken (or Veggie!) Shawarma
This month, we invite you to try our Shawarma Hummus Bowls! This recipe is colorful, quick, easy, & full of satisfying texture. They are the perfect light & nourishing springtime lunch or dinner. Plus, they’re totally meal-prep friendly!
What makes these Hummus Bowls so special? They’re…
- MEGA-FLAVORFUL. Toasty warm shawarma spices! Tangy brightness of quick pickled onions! Crisp freshness of any veggies you love! Flavor-filled & packed with texture!
- SERIOUSLY EASY. Aside from prepping a quick shawarma marinade & whatever toppings you crave, these hummus bowls are mostly an assembly job. Plus, they’re super meal prep friendly!
- TOTALLY VERSATILE. Switch them up by changing the toppings, using different kinds of hummus, or even swapping the chicken for roasted shawarma veggies. Whatever your happy little heart desires!
How to Enter, Challenge Prize, & Important Dates:
How to Enter – it’s as easy as 1-2-3!
- STEP 1: Make the recipe. Make your own Shawarma Hummus Bowls at some point during the month of April & snap a photo of your creation! Remember: Either option works here, so feel free to choose between the chicken shawarma or veggie shawarma version!
- STEP 2: Submit your photo. Use this form to submit your photo to the PWWB team. Be sure to follow all of the steps outlined within the form. Limit of one entry per person. Entries will be accepted until Thursday, April 29th 11:59pm CST.
- STEP 3: Leave a review. Head over to the Easy Shawarma Hummus Bowls recipe post, scroll to the bottom, & leave a comment with a star rating – we can’t wait to hear how it goes!
- BONUS ENTRY: We’d LOVE to see your Recipe Challenge Creations on social media! Share a pic, tagging @playswellwithbutter #pwwbcookingchallenge for one bonus entry.
April Recipe Challenge Prize
Follow the steps above & you will be automatically entered in the PWWB Cooking Challenge. 1 winner, chosen at random, will receive a $250 Williams Sonoma Gift Card. The challenge ends on Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 11:59 PM (CST). The winner is selected at random & will be announced in the May Challenge blog post published at the beginning of May 2021.
- Thursday, April 1st – The first day submissions are accepted.
- Thursday, April 29th – The last day to submit your entry!
- Monday, May 3rd – The winner will be randomly selected and announced HERE when our May Recipe Challenge goes live!
So what do you think? Are you up for the challenge?
We can’t wait to see your Shawarma Hummus Bowl creations! Leave any comments & questions you may have about our PWWB Recipe Challenge below.
March 2021 Recap – Spicy Italian Sausage & Peppers Pasta
Last month we invited you to try our Spicy Italian Sausage & Peppers Pasta. You rocked it! We are SO impressed with your gorgeous creations & we are so happy you love this recipe as much as we do!
Check out what our community had to say about this recipe & some of the amazing entries below, we were SO impressed! Thank you for participating & we can’t wait to see your April Recipe Challenge creations!
Great weeknight meal! This had tons of flavor and was easy to put together after work.– Elizabeth M.
My family must not like our pasta saucy because we use a pound of pasta and think it’s the perfect amount! This is one of our go-to recipes. Easy, kid-friendly, delicious – checks all the major boxes. Like all PWWB recipes, this one is a winner!-Ashley K.
This is spicayyyy hayyy. 💃🏼 The boyfriend walked in the house and said “I don’t know what that is, but it smells incredible”. 5 stars. Throwing this one in the regular rotation.– Rachel C.
Last but certainly not least, our Challenge winner for March is Rachel C. and they have been notified via email. Congratulations, Rachel!
Want to test your skills? Check out our past Challenge recipes here!
- Damn Good Lentil Soup – January 2021 (winner Connie A.)
- Herb Butter Basted Cast Iron Steak & Creamy Porcini Mushroom Risotto – February 2021 (winner Tanner S.)
- Spicy Italian Sausage & Peppers Pasta – March 2021 (winner Rachel C.)