Life is too short for bad food, which is exactly why we created the PWWB Monthly Recipe Challenge! Seeing all of your PWWB creations is such a joy…we are so excited to continue the fun with our June Recipe Challenge! Read on to learn about this month’s featured cooking challenge (& what the epic prize is too!).
What is the PWWB Recipe Challenge?
Our mission here at Plays Well With Butter is to help home chefs cook flavor-filled weeknight meals that deliver maximum flavor with minimal effort. This year we’re picking a new recipe to cook as a community each month, the PWWB Recipe Challenge! In the warm spring & summer months, that can only mean one thing…grilling recipes!
These challenges are designed to introduce you to new PWWB recipes, empower you to tackle new skills & techniques in your kitchens, & to share in the love of flavorful home cooking together. Plus, there’s a chance to win an awesome prize just by joining in on the fun!
Find all of the details for this month’s challenge below. Let’s get grilling! ♡
June 2021 Recipe of the Month – Our Annual Grilling Recipe Challenge!
This summer, we invite you to try any of our PWWB Grilling Recipes! With tons of classics, new marinades, & even plant-based recipes too! There’s something for everyone & we are thrilled to see what you grill up!
What makes PWWB Grilling Recipes so special? They’re…
- INCREDIBLY SIMPLE. From beginners to grill masters – anyone can make our grilling recipes! We’ve tested & provided detailed steps for you to replicate. Plus, we are ALWAYS here to answer any grilling questions you have!
- SERIOUSLY QUICK. There’s nothing better than a quick warm weather meal made on the grill. Grilled meals come together fast (with little clean up & no oven required!).
- DELICIOUSLY VERSATILE. We love grilling in the summer because it is SO versatile. If you are looking for an easy place to start – pick one of our grilling marinades & get grilling!
How to Enter, Challenge Prize, & Important Dates:
How to Enter – it’s as easy as 1-2-3!
- STEP 1: Get grilling! Make any PWWB Grilling Recipe any time between Wednesday, May 19th – Wednesday, June 30th & snap a photo of your creation!
- STEP 2: Submit your photo. Use this form to submit your photo to the PWWB team. Be sure to follow all of the steps outlined within the form. Repeat with a different grilling recipe as many times as you’d like. Each recipe submission = 1 entry! Entries will be accepted until Wednesday, June 30th, 2021 at 11:59pm CST.
- STEP 3: Leave a review. Head over to the recipe’s blog post, scroll to the bottom, & leave a comment with a star rating – we can’t wait to hear how it goes!
- BONUS ENTRY: We’d LOVE to see your PWWB Grilling Creations on social media! Share a pic, tagging @playswellwithbutter #pwwbgrillingchallenge for one bonus entry.
Remember! You can enter as many times as you’d like, grilling a different recipe & following Steps 1-4 (above) for each entry. Entries accepted Wednesday, May 19th – Wednesday, June 30th, 2021. Giveaway open to continental US residents.
- What if I do not yet have a grill, can I still enter?! Yes, you can enter if you do not currently own a grill. Choose any other PWWB recipe & follow all entry directions, indicating that you don’t yet own a grill on the space provided in the entry form. Easy as that – good luck!!!
- What if I’m making a PWWB recipe that I’ve already submitted a review for in the past? No problem, we all have favorites we want to make over & over again! If you have already submitted a review for the recipe in the past, there is no need to submit a second review. We’ll cross-check your entry based on the information provided entry form, so ensure the name & email address for your entry match that of your original review!
- How many times can I enter? You can enter as many times as you’d like during the duration of the giveaway! Just be sure to make a new PWWB grilling recipe each time & submit a new form each time. This helps our team make sure all valid entries are counted.
June Recipe Challenge Prize
To celebrate grilling season & the 3rd Annual PWWB Grilling Series, we are hosting the ULTIMATE grilling season giveaway for a Weber Genesis II propane grill ($1000 value!). This is the very same grill I’ve been using the last 6 years. I LOVE it & I’m so excited to share it with you! The winner is selected at random & will be announced in the July Challenge blog post published at the beginning of July 2021.
- Wednesday, May 19th – PWWB Grilling Series kick-off, & the first day giveaway entries are accepted!
- Wednesday, June 30th – The last day to submit an entry.
- Tuesday, July 1st – The winner will be randomly selected, contacted via email, & announced HERE on Tuesday, July 1st.
So what do you think? Are you up for the challenge?
We can’t wait to see your PWWB Grilling creations! Leave any comments & questions you may have about our PWWB Recipe Challenge below.
May 2021 Recap – Perfectly Pan Seared Scallops
Last month we invited you to try our Perfectly Pan Seared Scallops. You rocked it! We are SO impressed with your gorgeous creations & we are so happy you love this recipe as much as we do!
Check out what our community had to say about this recipe below, we were SO impressed! Thank you for participating & we can’t wait to see your June Recipe & Grilling Challenge creations!
So. Easy. I am always intimidated by cooking seafood, and this recipe has dangerously erased my fears. We paired with steak for surf and turf on the back deck. *chefs kiss*– Rachel C.
Seriously easy and delicious! I’m always afraid of over or undercooking scallops and these came out perfect.– Ashley K.
Such a thorough and helpful guide! Thanks Jess! I can’t wait to try these!– Jaime
Last but certainly not least, our Challenge winner for May is Ashley K. and they have been notified via email. Congratulations, Ashley!
Want to test your skills? Check out our past Challenge recipes here!
- Damn Good Lentil Soup – January 2021 (winner Connie A.)
- Herb Butter Basted Cast Iron Steak & Creamy Porcini Mushroom Risotto – February 2021 (winner Tanner S.)
- Spicy Italian Sausage & Peppers Pasta – March 2021 (winner Rachel C.)
- Easy Hummus Bowls with Chicken (or Veggie!) Shawarma – April 2021 (winner Jan V.)
- Perfectly Pan Seared Scallops – May 2021 (winner Ashley K.)