Introducing our first ever PWWB Monthly Recipe Challenge! Created for our PWWB Community to help introduce new dinner recipes to your kitchen each month, empower you to tackle new skills & techniques, & share in the love of flavorful home cooking together as a community. Life is too short for bad food!
What is the PWWB Recipe Challenge?
PWWB is all about helping home chefs cook flavor-filled weeknight meals with maximum flavor & minimum effort. To help support our amazing PWWB community, we’ve decided to pick a new recipe & cook along with you each month. Plus, when you enter the challenge, you’ll have a chance to win an awesome prize too – just by joining in on the fun!
Find all of the details & rules for how to enter this challenge below. Let’s get cooking! ♡
January 2021 Recipe of the Month – Damn Good Vegan Lentil Soup
To kick off 2021, we are cooking up PWWB’s NEW Damn Good Vegan Lentil Soup! This is truly the lentil soup I have ever made. It’s hearty, filled with tons of feel-good & plant-powered ingredients, & tastes like pure sunshine in a bowl.
What makes this Lentil Soup so special?
- VEGGIE-POWERED. You’ll find all the standard soup veggies here, plus some extra veggie goodness from hearty butternut squash & nutrient-dense kale. Plus, it’s naturally vegan, vegetarian, dairy-free & gluten-free, & each bowl is filled with 10 grams of protein thanks to the plant-based power of lentils.
- PERFECT FOR WEEKNIGHTS. A one-pot wonder that simmers up in about 35 minutes, plus it’s slow cooker- & Instant Pot-friendly!
- COZY + BRIGHT. The perfect marriage I look for in any good bowl of soup, this vegan lentil soup is both cozy & bright. It’s the kind of meal that’ll warm you up from the inside out & its flavors taste like the feeling you get when the sun shines on your face on a cold winter day.
This Lentil Soup is also the perfect way to celebrate Plant-based January – a month long of delicious & wholesome plant-based recipes made with real ingredients. (If you want to learn more information about Plant-based January, check out our Plant-based Meals Made Easy series with tips & tricks for making the best plant-based meals at home!)
Note: the recipe will be published Tuesday, January 12, 2021, first thing in the morning.
Recipe Challenge Details – How to Enter, January Prize, & Important Dates:
How to Enter – it’s as easy as 1-2-3!
- STEP 1: Make the recipe. Prep your own batch of Damn Good Vegan Lentil Soup at some point this month & snap a photo of your creation! Note: the recipe will be published Tuesday, January 12, 2021, first thing in the morning.
- STEP 2: Submit your photo. Use this form to submit your photo to the PWWB team. Be sure to follow all of the steps outlined within the form. Limit of one entry per person. Entries will be accepted until January 31st 11:59pm CST.
- STEP 3: Leave a review. Head over to the Vegan Lentil Soup recipe post, scroll to the bottom, & leave a comment with a star rating – we can’t wait to hear how it goes!
- BONUS ENTRY: We’d LOVE to see your Cooking Challenge Creations on social media! Share a pic, tagging @playswellwithbutter #pwwbcookingchallenge for one bonus entry.
January Cooking Challenge Prize
By following the entry instructions above, you will be automatically entered in the PWWB Cooking Challenge. 1 winner, chosen at random, will receive a $250 Williams Sonoma Gift Card. The challenge ends on January 31th at 11:59 PM (CST). The winner will be selected at random and announced in the February Challenge blog post published at the beginning of February 2021.
- Tuesday, January 12th – The first day submissions are accepted & the recipe post (with full details & instructions) will go live!
- Sunday, January 31st – The last day to submit your entry!
- Monday, February 1st – The winner will be randomly selected and announced HERE when our February Challenge recipe goes live!
So what do you think? Are you up for the challenge? We can’t wait to see your Lentil Soup creations! ♡
Leave any comments & questions you may have about our PWWB Recipe Challenge below.