learn how to make bacon cheddar cheese stuffed burgers recipe (aka the best grilled burgers you can make at home). they take just 5 ingredients & 30 minutes!
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 pound 85% lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- for serving: toasted hamburger buns, leafy lettuce, tomatoes, onions, ketchup, mustard, chipotle mayo(!), etc.
- Preheat the grill or a grill pan to medium heat, about 500 degrees F.
- Parcook the bacon: Add the bacon to a skillet over medium heat (on the stove, not the grill). Cook 2-3 minutes per side, until the bacon begins to render but is not totally crispy. The goal is to par-cook the bacon since it’ll finish cooking in the stuffed burger patties. Remove from the heat. Once cool enough to handle, finely chop into small pieces.
- Form the bacon cheddar stuffed burger patties: Add the chopped bacon to bowl with the ground beef, shredded cheddar, Worcestershire, & ground black pepper. Using your hands, combine the mixture until the bacon and cheddar are evenly dispersed. Be careful not to overmix. Using a burger press or mold, form into 4 equally sized burger patties (see Recipe Notes).
- Grill the stuffed burgers over direct heat for 6 minutes, flipping halfway through for medium doneness. The burgers should have beautiful grill marks & tons of melty cheese oozing out!
- Serve as desired, on toasted buns with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, & condiments. Enjoy!
- Burger press or ring mold: As someone who isn’t into keeping tons of kitchen gadgets on hand, use of a burger press or mold is key for taking your homemade burger game to the next level. The press/mold will help you be able to pack each patty very compactly, making for a much more enjoyable texture in your burgers. This one is $10 and has awesome reviews!
- Meal prep tip! These burgers are super meal prep friendly. A couple of options…
- 10-minute meal prep: Parcook the bacon according to Step 2 of Recipe Directions. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. At dinnertime, all you have to do is press out your burger patties & grill them up.
- 20-minute meal prep: Form the burger patties according to Steps 1-2 of Recipe Directions. Store, layered with parchment, in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. At dinnertime, all you have to do is toss them on the grill.
Keywords: bacon cheddar burger recipe, best grilled burgers, cheese stuffed burgers