zoodles tossed into a garlic-infused olive oil with lemon & loads of summer vegetables. topped off with shrimp, grated cheese, and a good sprinkle of crushed red chili, these aglio olio zoodles are going to be your new favorite this summer!
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled & deveined (16–20 ct)
- 3/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon crushed red chili, divided,
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 small eggplant, peeled & diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 bunch asparagus, chopped at the bias into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup grated garlic (from about 6–8 cloves)
- 3 medium zucchini, spiralized
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- to garnish: grated parmesan cheese, extra crushed red chili, fresh herbs of choice, etc.
Marinate the shrimp
- Place the shrimp in a bowl with 1/4 cup olive oil, 1 teaspoon crushed red chili, lemon zest, and a sprinkle of salt & pepper. Set aside.
Parcook the veggies
- Coat the bottom of a large skillet or pan with a bit of olive oil and sautee the veggies over medium heat, seasoning with salt and black pepper to taste as you go. The goal here is to parcook them before you cook the zoodles, so use your judgement as to what will take the most time versus the least. I sauteed the eggplant for about 5 minutes before adding in the chopped asparagus for another 3 minutes and the tomatoes after that for another 1-2 minutes. Place the vegetables into a large serving dish and set aside.
Aglio olio time!
- Return the large skillet to the stove over medium heat and add in 1/2 cup olive oil. Heat the olive oil for 1-2 minutes. Drop the heat to low and add in the garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until the garlic just becomes fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Add the remaining 2 teaspoons of crushed red chili and the zoodles and toss, so the garlic-infused oil coats everything. Add the lemon juice and cook for 2 minutes, tossing frequently. Transfer the aglio olio zoodles into the serving dish with the cooked vegetables and toss until everything is combined.
Cook the shrimp
- Return the large skillet to the stove over medium heat and add in the shrimp & its marinade. Cook about 2-3 minutes per side, until the shrimp is opaque.
- Top the aglio olio zoodles and veggies with shrimp, chopped herbs, cheese, & some extra crushed red chili. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 4