Green Goddess dressing, lightened WAY up! Made with TONS of fresh herbs & a few other pantry staple ingredients, this Herby Green Goddess Vinaigrette packs all the fresh, fragrant flavor you love in Green Goddess dressing with no mayo or dairy weighing it down. Go & get your Goddess on, girlfriend!
- 1/2 cup DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons DeLallo White Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup fresh herbs (basil, chives, parsley), roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 scant tablespoons honey (pure maple syrup if vegan)
- optional: 3 tablespoons Greek yogurt (see Recipe Notes)
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
Add all listed ingredients to a blender or food processor. Blend until combined, about 1 minute. The vinaigrette should be creamy, and the herbs should be totally broken down. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Enjoy!
- What herbs to use in Green Goddess dressing?: Whatever you’ve got, honestly! Green goddess is traditionally made with tarragon, chives & parsley. I find tarragons flavor to be a bit too strong for my liking, so I like to swap it out with basil. If you only have green onions, swap them out for the chives. If you hate parsley, swap it out for cilantro. Feel free to tweak it to make it just how you like it!
- Make it creamy: The ingredients here yield a lighter vinaigrette-style Green Goddess dressing. If you want a creamy Green Goddess dressing, but want to keep it light, simply add plain Greek yogurt to the mix. Nothing crazy, since you want to let the delicate flavor of the herbs shine through – a few tablespoons will do the trick!
- Olive oil matters!: When it comes to olive oil, I’m of course partial to DeLallo’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil! I’ve had the opportunity to work with this olive oil in my kitchen on a daily basis for the past year. It’s truly the best! ::: is a 100% authentic Italian olive oil, made with a blend of 4 different olives grown in Southern Italy. The oil is extracted with a cold-press process, meaning no chemicals or heat is used in the extraction process that would harm the integrity of the olives. The olive oil retains its flavor, as well as its nutritional benefits. 🙌🏻 Grab yourself a bottle & get ready to fall in love!!!
- Category: salad dressing, salad, sauces & condiments
- Method: no-cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Green goddess dressing, Green Goddess, salad dressing, vinaigrette