say hello to your new favorite summer date night: the ultimate summer picnic charcuterie board!!! sharing all of my tips & tricks to keeping date night easy & fun this summer: how to make the perfect charcuterie board for 2, some of my absolute favorite cheese board items, & other easy picnic food ideas!
My rule of thumb for building the perfect date night charcuterie board is to choose your faves, but also go for a good variety. Choose 1-2 meats, a good cheese, a sweet element, & 1-2 munchies (olives, artichokes, peppers, tomatoes, etc.). & don’t forget bread, crackers, or crostini for building the perfect bites!
Pictured on this picnic charcuterie board are some of our favorites from DeLallo – see Recipe Notes!
Grab your favorite charcuterie platter or cheese board, &…
- Start by placing meats & cheeses around the board. It’s easiest to start with some of these bigger items, especially since they’re the heart of the charcuterie board!
- Next, add in the munchies: arrange your munchies (olives, artichokes, etc.) around the meat & cheeses. Since meat & cheeses tend to stay put, they act as a great barrier to keep other cheese board components on the board.
- Fill in empty space with crostini, crackers, & fresh fruit. A pop of fresh herbs is always a fun way to add beautiful color, too!
- a fun bonus! my friends at DeLallo created a pwwb summer picnic charcuterie board, complete with all of the ingredients we used to build the board pictured here. consider it your one-stop shop for all your charcuterie needs this summer: shop the pwwb summer picnic charcuterie board here!
- Category: snacks & appetizers, cheese board
- Method: no-cook
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: charcuterie board, how to make a charcuterie board, cheese board ideas, picnic food ideas