An easy shawarma marinade recipe filled with shawarma seasoning (cumin, paprika, cinnamon, ginger, oregano, turmeric!). The warmth in the middle eastern spices is offset by a little bit of lemon & honey to create absolutely addictive flavor. Use it to make easy grilled shawarma chicken or a hummus bowl!
- 2 pounds meat or veggies of choice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¾ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¾ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Mix the shawarma marinade: Add the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, honey, cumin, paprika, cinnamon, ginger, oregano, turmeric, cayenne, salt & ground black pepper to a bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Marinate: Pour the shawarma marinade over your meat or veggies of choice. Marinate for at least 6 hours or for up to 2 days.
- Grill as desired. Enjoy!
- Not sure how to serve shawarma? Make a hummus bowl! This is one of the most popular recipes here on pwwb, for good reason!
- Category: sauces & condiments
- Method: no-cook
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern, Lebanese
Keywords: shawarma marinade, grilled chicken shawarma, shawarma seasoning