A Greek-inspired grilling marinade perfect for whenever you’re grilling up a recipe or meal with a little bit of Mediterranean flare. This Greek marinade has a Greek yogurt base, which keeps whatever you’re grilling completely tender & juicy, & tons of garlic, lemon & oregano to add tons of Mediterranean flavor to every single bite. Perfect for grilled chicken, grilled lamb, or grilled veggies!
- 2 pounds meat or veggies of choice
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 lemons, zested & juiced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Mix the Greek grilling marinade: Add the yogurt, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, red wine vinegar, honey, oregano, Kosher salt & ground black pepper to a bowl or jar. Whisk or shake to combine. Set aside, or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
- Marinate: Pour the Greek grilling marinade over your meat or veggies of choice. Marinate for at least 6 hours or up to overnight.
- Grill as desired. Enjoy!
- Meal prep tip: if I know I want to use this greek-ish grilling marinade later in the week, I’ll whip up up a batch on Sunday night or whenever I’m meal prepping for the week. It only takes 5 minutes, & storing it in a jar or airtight container in the refrigerator helps the flavors meld together even more. The night before you want to use it, simply pour the marinade over whatever meat or veggies you’re grilling up. couldn’t be easier!
- It doubles as a really great salad dressing: Reserve some of your Greek marinade for drizzling over a Greek salad filled with cucumbers, bell peppers, feta & kalamata olives. You won’t regret it!
- Category: sauces & condiments
- Method: marinade
- Cuisine: Greek
Keywords: Greek marinade, greek yogurt marinade, greek chicken marinade, greek lamb marinade