stuffed dark chocolate dipped pretzels. holiday pretzels filled with peanut butter, salted caramel, oreos, peppermint candies, or any other fillings you love, & covered in dark chocolate. these stuffed dark chocolate dipped pretzels take chocolate covered pretzels to the next level, & they’re the perfect easy no-bake treat to add to your christmas cookie plates this year!
- 16 ounces dark chocolate, chopped (see Recipe Notes)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 15-ounce bag holiday pretzel rings
- fillings of choice (see Recipe Notes) – salted caramel, peanut butter, crushed oreos, crushed peppermints, crushed candies, etc…
- Melt the chocolate: Add the chocolate and coconut oil to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals, mixing the chocolate well between each interval, until all of the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Dip & stuff the pretzels: Create the base of the stuffed pretzels by dipping a pretzel in the melted chocolate, then transfer to parchment paper. Use a small spoon to drizzle chocolate into the hole. You want the pretzels to be sort of like a cup – they should have a solid bottom, but enough of a cup in the middle to catch all the delicious fillings you’re going to add. Transfer to the freezer or refrigerator and chill for 5-10 minutes, until the chocolate sets. Once solid, stuff the pretzels with about ½ teaspoon of filling each, referencing Recipe Notes for some stuffed dark chocolate dipped pretzel ideas. Transfer back to the freezer or refrigerator to chill for another 5 minutes. Once solid, dip the pretzels back into the chocolate, to coat the entire pretzel. Finish with garnishes or drizzles of chocolate as desired. Set in the refrigerator to chill until set.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Storage: Stuffed dark chocolate dipped pretzels will last all holiday season long. Store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
- Chocolate: I always buy a “pound-plus” baking bar from Trader Joe’s this time of year – it’s the most inexpensive way to buy chocolate in bulk! While I love the bittersweet notes of good dark chocolate, you could also easily swap out the dark chocolate with milk chocolate or white chocolate. Whatever you love!
- Fillings are the most fun part about making stuffed dark chocolate dipped pretzels. Some of my favorite ideas are listed below – you need about ½ teaspoon filling per pretzel!
- salted caramel, + a sprinkling of flaky sea salt.
- creamy peanut butter. or almond butter. or cashew butter. or whatever nut butter you love most!
- finely crushed oreos. (you can go crazy with the different flavored oreos too – the peppermint bark holiday oreos would be super festive & fun!)
- finely chopped peppermint candies! crush them up, then mix them into a smidge of melted white chocolate. the perfect peppermint + chocolate treat!
- turtle! finely chop some pecans, then drizzle salted caramel over top.
- snickers! finely chop some peanuts, then drizzle salted caramel over top.
- rocky road: mini marshmallows + finely chopped pecans & peanuts.
- s’mores! marshmallow cream + crushed graham cracker crumbs!
- cookie dough!!!
- finely chopped christmas toffee.
- candy bar! finely chop whatever candies you love most (snickers, milky way, peanut butter cups, m&ms, kit kats, whatever!), & mix them into a smidge of melted white or dark chocolate.
- Category: desserts
- Method: no-bake
Keywords: stuffed dark chocolate dipped pretzels, chocolate dipped pretzels