the easiest grilled sausage dinner! my easy method for perfect-every-time grilled sausage (that stays perfectly juicy!), paired with our favorite one-bowl salad (no vinaigrettes or dressings involved!). the easiest 15-minute dinner recipe for grilling season!
- Preheat the grill to high heat. You’ll want to only preheat 1 side of the grill, leaving the other side as an indirect heat cooking station for the sausage.
- Grill the sausage: Once the grill is hot, place the sausage on the grates on the half of the grill that isn’t lit. Close the grill and cook for 5 minutes. The heat will circulate the grill, providing the perfect amount of indirect heat to cook the sausage without making it super dry or burning the exterior. After 5 minutes, open the grill, flip the sausage, and cook over indirect heat for another 5 minutes. Transfer the sausage to the direct heat and cook for 2 minutes per side, flipping the sausage every so often, just so the sausage gets as charred as you’d like it to be. Transfer the grilled sausage to a plate and allow to rest for a minute or two.
- Make the one-bowl salad: Add the greens, corn kernels, tomatoes, and avocado to a large bowl. Squeeze in the lime juice. Add in the olive oil and salt. Toss to combine. Taste and season additionally, as needed.
- Serve the sausages alongside some of the one-bowl salad. Enjoy!
- Cooking times provided work for the sausages we buy from the cases at our butcher shop. They are usually about 1 inch thick. If your sausage is thicker/thinner, adjust cooking time as needed.
Keywords: grilled sausage