an easy & refreshing fresh mint cold brew iced coffee served with swirls of homemade dark chocolate syrup. the perfect springtime pick-me-up!
- 1 cup Dunkin’ Donuts Cold Brew Coffee Packs, brewed according to package directions
- 1–2 tablespoons dark chocolate coconut ganache (below)
- 1–2 tablespoons fresh mint syrup (below)
- 1–2 tablespoons half & half (or heavy cream, or milk of choice)
for the dark chocolate coconut ganache:
- ½ cup canned coconut milk (full-fat is best)
- 5 ounces dark chocolate, roughly chopped
for the fresh mint syrup:
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 bunch fresh mint (about 1 cup packed)
- Make the fresh mint syrup: Add the water, granulated sugar, and fresh mint in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Stirring constantly, bring the mixture to a simmer. Once all of the sugar dissolves, turn the heat off. Let the syrup sit in the saucepan for about 5 minutes, to allow the flavors of the mint to continue to steep as the syrup cools. Once cool, strain the syrup out into a jar or resealable container and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Make the dark chocolate coconut ganache: Place the coconut milk in a medium, microwave-safe bowl. Heat the milk for 30 seconds, then place the chocolate into the warm coconut milk. Stir the mixture together until the chocolate is melted and the ganache is smooth.
- Make a fresh mint cold brew iced coffee: Drizzle a few tablespoons of the dark chocolate coconut ganache in a jar or glass. Fill the glass with ice cubes. Pour the cold brew over top. Stir in the fresh mint syrup and cream. Enjoy!!!
- I definitely prefer my iced coffees not to be cloyingly sweet, which is why the syrup calls for a 2:1 ratio of water to sugar. If you like a sweet coffee, make the syrup with the traditional ratio of 1:1.
- You’ll have some mint syrup leftover. Make yourself another fresh mint cold brew iced coffee, or use it in cocktails this spring. So good!