classic mojitos get a spicy strawberry twist in this easy cocktail recipe for spicy strawberry mojitos! fresh strawberries muddled with lime juice, mint, & spicy rum for the perfectly balanced spicy & sweet cocktails. these spicy strawberry mojitos will be your new favorite!
- 12–14 ripe strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1–2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 10 leaves fresh mint
- 2 ounces fresh lime juice
- 4 ounces spicy rum*
- 2 ounces club soda
- optional, for serving: extra sliced strawberries, lime wedges, sprigs of fresh mint
- Add the strawberries, sugar, fresh mint, and lime juice to a cocktail shaker. Use a muddler (or the handle of a large wooden spoon) to smash the strawberries and mix the fresh mint and sugar into the lime juice and berries.
- Top the muddled strawberries with the spicy rum and ice. Top the shaker with its lid and vigorously shake the mojitos to combine.
- Divide the mojitos into two glasses over ice, and pour the club soda over top for a little extra fizz. Garnish as desired with extra fresh mint, lime wedges and fresh strawberries.
- My favorite spicy rum is from Skaalvenn, a craft distillery local to Minnesota. If you can’t get your hands on Skaalvenn’s spirits, you can make your own spicy rum by infusing a few slices of jalapeño or fresno chili pepper in 1 cup of white rum and letting the mixture sit overnight. Be sure to remove/leave in the seeds of the pepper depending how much heat you like!
- Serving Size: 2