shredded chicken spring rolls (+ a to die for dipping sauce!) are the perfect summer appetizer for a dinner or lunch! super fresh & super easy to whip up!!
for the chicken spring rolls
- 1 chicken breast, poached (poaching instructions below, or cook however you desire!)
- 1 carrot, peeled & julienned
- 1 Persian cucumber, julienned
- 1.5 oz vermicelli noodles
- 10 snow peas, sliced long ways
- 10 rice paper sheets
- 20 mint leaves
for the dipping sauce
- 1 T granulated sugar
- 1–2 tsp of sambal oelek (start with 1 tsp, adding more to desired chili taste)
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 2 T fish sauce
- juice of ½ a lime
- 3 T water
poach the chicken breast
- bring a pot of water to a boil, & add chicken. bring chicken to boil, then take off the heat & leave, lid on for 25-30 minutes.
- transfer chicken to a plate, then shred chicken using two forks.
make the dipping sauce
- combine all of ingredients together, stirring well until sugar is dissolved. adjust to taste accordingly – you may wish to add more sugar or lime depending on your personal taste.
meanwhile, prepare vermicelli noodles according to packet instructions
once chicken & vermicelli are ready, start assembling rice paper rolls
- fill a large bowl with warm water (the bowl needs to be large enough to fit the rice paper sheet).
- submerge a rice paper sheet for 20–30 seconds, then pull out & place on a clean plate.
- assemble rolls – add as much vermicelli, cucumber, carrot, & snow peas as you wish. top with chicken, & mint leaves.
- roll according to packet instructions (with a similar method as you would a burrito).
- continue to do this until all ingredients are gone. you should get at least 10 out of the ingredients, if you don’t go too overboard at the start!
- serve with dipping sauce & enjoy!
- Serving Size: 10