a foolproof, restaurant-worthy method to making the best guacamole at home, every single time. this guacamole recipe will soon become a staple recipe in your house & don’t be surprised when all your friends start requesting it whenever you see them!
- 2 hass ripe avocados
- 2 jalapenos, stemmed, seeded, & diced
- 1/4 medium red onion (1/2 small), diced
- 1 heaping tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1 lime
- handful of chopped cilantro
- favorite toppings of choice
- add the chopped jalapeño & red onion to a ziploc bag along with the kosher salt & granulated garlic. seal the bag tight, pressing out as much air as you can (this is important!!).
- using a rolling pin or the bottom of a heavy pan, smash the contents of the bag to release the juices of the onion & jalapeño.
- scrape the contents of the ziploc bag into a bowl, adding the flesh of 2 avocados, cumin, & coriander. use a wooden spoon to gently smash the avocados & stir in the onion/jalapeño mixture. add the lime juice, a handful of chopped cilantro, & stir until desired consistency is reached.
- the best part: taste test!! depending on the size of your avocados you may need to add more spice, salt, or lime juice.
- place into serving dish & garnish (totally optional – totally encouraged).
- devour. repeat. (frequently.)
- *depending on how spicy you like your guacamole, you’ll want to remove the stems & seeds from your jalapeno. we like a pretty good kick, so we remove the seeds from one & keep the seeds in the other. if you’re intolerant to spice, feel free to remove the seeds from both. if you like extra spicy, leave them all in!
- Serving Size: 6