healthier than a traditional pesto, this delicious kale pesto is chock-full of all the superfood benefits of kale: dense in fiber, nutrient rich, & great for digestion. pair this kale pesto with anything from pasta to a simple summer vinaigrette & this versatile sauce will become a fridge staple in your house!
- 4 C kale, destemmed
- 2 C fresh basil
- 1/3 C walnuts, toasted
- 3 large cloves garlic
- 1 lemon, zested & juiced
- 1/2 C grated parmesean cheese
- 1 C olive oil (+ more as needed)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Combine all ingredients in high-power blender or food processor & blend until smooth, ~45 seconds.
- Drizzle in more olive oil as needed to loosen the sauce & blend to desired creaminess.
- Taste for salt & pepper & add as needed (I find that you don’t need too much since the cheese adds a good amount of salt to the pesto on its own)
- Store in an air-tight container for up to 2 weeks in the fridge.
- Serving Size: 8