these cranberry cornbread muffins have cranberry sauce swirled throughout them, making them a gorgeously festive for the holiday season! move over parker house rolls, these cranberry cornbread muffins will earn a permanent spot on your thanksgiving & friendsgiving menus from here on out!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 cup whole berry cranberry sauce, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with paper muffin liners and set aside.
- Mix the dry ingredients: Add the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and Kosher salt to a large bowl. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- Finish the muffin batter: Add the eggs and milk to a medium bowl, whisking to combine. Whisk in the melted butter. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients, stirring until just combined. Take care not to overmix the batter!
- Prep the muffins: Add 2 tablespoons of the cornbread muffin batter to each of the prepared liners. I like to use a 2 tablespoon scoop, like this one, to keep everything uniform. Add 1 teaspoon of the cranberry sauce over top, using a toothpick to swirl the cranberry sauce into the batter. Repeat once more with 2 more tablespoons of muffin batter and 1 more teaspoon of cranberry sauce. The muffin liners should be about ⅔ full.
- Bake the muffins for 15-18 minutes, until the centers are just set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven, allow to cool slightly, and enjoy with butter, or salted honey butter (yummmmm!!!).
- Loaf vs muffins: You can definitely bake cranberry cornbread instead of cranberry cornbread muffins. Add the batter to a greased 9×13 baking dish, then swirl the cranberry all throughout it. Bake for 40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Keywords: cranberry cornbread muffins, cornbread muffins, cornbread recipe